Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Marzocchi – going… gone?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

are these the ones that you sent back on warranty because the stanchions wore off?

hora
    Free Member

Nah bought because they were going cheep (like a budgie)

hora
    Free Member

Any further news or updates?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

they are waiting to see if you pick up another fork in the next 3 months

hora
    Free Member

Well the 350’s are beautiful. Those Italians understand some things.

ratherbeintobago

Gone, then.

I wonder if anyone will buy the assets/IP post liquidation, or whether that’s it?

hora
    Free Member

I wonder if the damage was done with the TST2 carts?

**** me they had a rep

RustyNissanPrairie

shame, generally good forks over the years.

wrecker
    Free Member

Apparently the moto business is being shitcanned, the MTB business might be getting sold.

northernmatt

Hmm, might have to stock up on seals for my 66s

nixie

Comments on PB and twitter suggest otherwise for the MTB side

https://twitter.com/marzocchisusp

kimbers

The twitter feed Is encouraging, I’m sure they’ll find a buyer and carry on, suntour, shimano,giant, on one ?

gonzy
    Free Member

i blame Tenneco. typical multi billion US company comes in and decides to reduce the costs in order to maximise profits. in this case moving production to Taiwan.
    the company never really recovered from that. they were always playing cathc up especially when fox and rock shox got ahead of them in the OEM mrket while they floundered. Tenneco never really made the investment needed and neither did it feel like it wanted to.
    now they’re going to shut the doors by the end of the year…most likely they’ll asset strip the company and sell off all the IP/technology.
    i wouldnt be surprised if they over valued the company, effectively scaring any potential buyers/investors
    sad day indeed for the industry to lose yet another iconic brand… 😥

mattherby
    Free Member

Oh heck. I want to know what will happen with warranty claims? Especially since I bought a new set of 350CR’s last week!

gonzy
    Free Member

Oh heck. I want to know what will happen with warranty claims? Especially since I bought a new set of 350CR’s last week!

i would expect them to honour any warranties and there should be enough spare parts for anything that has been in production.
    i would imagine Windwave would be best answering this

barney
    Free Member
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi – going… gone?’ is closed to new replies.