Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Marzocchi drop off seal replacement
  • jonnych
    Free Member

Just about to buy a bike (hopefully) but one small flaw which is that it has an oil leak from the forks seals. The seals themselves cost £20 but I'm more worried about the replacing of them being a hassle. I've serviced pikes and foxes before but never marzocchis, are there any special tools needed or tricky bits compared to other forks?

romster
    Free Member

check here

then goto the tech area and see if you find any of that info helpful?

jonnych
    Free Member

Doesn't seem to be any info on there for servicing forks

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

They are a doddle to service. The old seals can be removed with a screwdriver and a rag (to protect the fork legs) and the new ones pressed in with your thumbs or a bit of appropriately sized plastic pipe, although there is a seal press tool. Put some oil on them so they slip in easier.
    I did see somewhere that someone had uploaded all the 'zocchi service manuals up to about 2006, but I can't find the link. Al you need to know though is the oil volume.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Found it!

linky

jonnych
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, I assume then it's much the same as rockshox and fox to remove the lowers i.e loosen off nuts, wack with mallet and pull off lowers?

jonnych
    Free Member

Ah silly me, had that link saved somewhere as it seemed very useful but didn't think to use it! Pretty much explains everything, thank you!

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Also, I tried some slightly heavier oil – 50/50 7.5 and 10 in my mx pros before. Made them much more stable when climbing and at low speed. may be worth a try.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi drop off seal replacement’ is closed to new replies.