Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Marzocchi Air to Coil – Is it possible/Worth It ??
  • snowjunkie
    Free Member

I am trying to get hold of a 2012 Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti fork but cant find one. Is it possible to buy a 150mm Marzocchi air fork eg Marzocchi 44 Micro Switch TA and then convert it??

Is this possible or is it not worth doing?? any ideas/help would be great.

Really have a coil in mind and Marzocchi at the mo but open to other suggestions.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

With an older Marz fork it was very worth it for me. No way I could run the required air preload to get correct sag, AND have full travel available (I’m 200lbs). With the correct coils springs for my weight my fork is now plush as a plush thing, full travel, 30% sag.

Obviously this might not be 100% relevant to your fork, but hope it helps.

bigad40
    Free Member

I have the Micros air and they are sweet.
    I would also consider a spring in it, hope it goes well.
    Keep us posted.

jairaj

Yes its possible. I was tempted to do this a while back as I too really wanted a 44 RC3 Ti but could find one anywhere. A few websites advertising them but none would actually have stock.

I saw the RC3 Ti damper for sale for about £300 the Micro switch TA forks where about £400 so the whole thing would’ve been £700 + labour cost to get someone experienced to do the work.

I decided it was WAY too expensive and I can’t really complain about RS Revs I have at the moment I think they are fantastic just wanted something new for the sake of shininess.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

ti 44 in classfieds fo £250

jairaj

That’s annoying, just spent loads of money servicing and replacing broken internals to my Revs otherwise I would’ve had those forks 🙁

snowjunkie
    Free Member

Just looked and they are tapered. damn it!!

jairaj

Do you have a zero stack headset? You might be able to use a oversized external bottom cup with the tapered forks?

snowjunkie
    Free Member

I have just a bog standard conventional headset. I will keep looking and see what other options are out there. it is fun looking though!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi Air to Coil – Is it possible/Worth It ??’ is closed to new replies.