Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • marzocchi 55RV's and cotic BFe
  • skiboy
    Free Member

ok, ordered a 2010 cotic BFe last week, and have started buying in parts for it, after spending 200 quid at crc last week (friday!!!)i was a bit gutted to find this morning they have a sale on again..queue crying

thing is i was going to get some zocchi 55RV's for the new build but not really sure if they are suited, anyone had any expierence of said fork ???

fingers on the buy button as we speak….

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

What are you using the bike for?

55s are 160mm of travel arent they?

Id say get something with 120 – 140mm for the Cotic, like rock shox pikes or similar.

I run 05 Marzocchi Z1 Freerides lowered to 120mm on mine, 160mm would handle badly in my opinion. Probably ok if all you do is ride downhill tracks on it.

mildred

Are these the ATA version? if so I'd get the 55's. My old Bfe was ok with Pike's, though I thought it felt better with 55's. At least the ATA allows you to adjust the travel to your liking.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

55s are pretty heavy, I'd say fork out 🙄 the extra for some 150mm maxle revelations…

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Running 160mm Lyrics on mine and it's **** awesome. Downhill anyway. Actually, it's not too bad up either (within the limits of 1×9 gearing and a 36T ring). I'll admit I'm tempted by some 150mm Revs, but not sure if they're up to the same kind of levels of abuse as the Lyrics (I use my Bfe as a FR, DH, jumpy toy, so it gets some fairly serious stick at times)

lock
    Free Member

post some pics jonny please

JonEdwards
    Free Member

As first built with Z1 lights. Didn't work very well – couldn't get them set up right.

…and with the Lyrics on in Les Arcs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘marzocchi 55RV's and cotic BFe’ is closed to new replies.