Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Marzocchi 55 RC3 Evo Ti question
  • ganic
    Free Member

I have a set of 2012 55 Evo Ti forks. They feel really nice and im pleased with the way they perform, but… There seems to be a noticeable knock when the fork moves from compression to rebound. I can feel the knock through the bars. The knock is coming from the damper.

Wondered if anyone had the same issue, and what if anything you did to fix it?

Thanks

lardhelliwell
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2010 model,they work great,but i had the same problem.Have you tried running them with no air in the chamber?I also dropped the original oil and refilled with 7,5w and 10w mixed,this gives better midstroke hold without having to add too much comp valving.Also when i stripped the fork the oil rings were bone dry,and also using fork grease lube the oil seals and wipers.

Hope this helps?

Cheers John.

ganic
    Free Member

Cheers for your response, i stripped the fork and replaced the oil with the correct levels from the Marzocchi site. I can recreate the knock with the damper removed from the fork, seems to be something inside the dammper. It all seems to be free from play, but when you stop pushing the fork/damper down and then pull the damper back up sl it works the rebound, at the point you engage the rebound you get the “knock”.

I guess i should call Windwave.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ltheisinger
    Free Member

I think Jedi talks about a ‘knock’ with his 55’s on his latest video blog?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 55 RC3 Evo Ti question’ is closed to new replies.