Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • marzocchi 55 (2008) bomber suspension forks
  • neil_enty
    Free Member

I have got the manual but its useless… My issue is this; When i compress the fork is is smooth and there are no sounds. When the fork is uncompressed it makes a slight washy noise. Sounds a bit like water & a bit of grit mixed together. Has anyone got any ideas what this is?

Many thanks

Ewan
    Free Member

Is that not just the normal zochi damping sound?

MrNutt
    Free Member

are they coil? sound like marzocchi coils, I grew to love that sound and now I miss it on my air 66’s!!

neil_enty
    Free Member

Ewan I don’t know? On my other bike I have fox forks so its new to me I thought there was something wrong… in the manual there is just no info on anything to do with servicing them…. When i put in the recommended air pressure in the top of the shock for my weight the forks hardly sag.

neil_enty
    Free Member

MrNutt

I got the bike the other day, its pretty much a stock bike so has the below http://www.konabikes.co.uk/2008/coilair/coilair.php

cheers

MrNutt
    Free Member

yep I think they maybe the coil/bath forks, which is why they make that lovely noise!

don’t listen to the manuals, zocchi manuals are often way off, just set your sag to about 35% or so and dial in the rebound and you should be good to go, rumor has it that these could take over from the Fox 36’s as the preferred longer fork by the masses, less expensive, less hassle and not too heavy!

rockitman

Except for the fact that the ATA system doesn’t work properly (apparently since they shifted production to the far east), deeming them completely unreliable. Mine are currently back at the factory for the 2nd time. My mates have been back as well, as have a wjhole host of others on this board. It’s a bit shocking really (excuse the pun!). If they seize again I will be looking into if I can get my money back as I think I would have a pretty reasonable claim thet they’re not “fit for purpose”.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘marzocchi 55 (2008) bomber suspension forks’ is closed to new replies.