Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Marzocchi 44 RC3 TI QR15
  • UK-FLATLANDER

Anyone with experience of this fork, am considering it as a lighter alternative to my current Pike U-turn coils? For use on a 04 Turner 5 Spot.

Filthy
    Free Member

Excellent choice, I've got them on my Blue Pig and they have been faultless… well not faultless, I cant fit the rrp mudguard round the brace bit with 2.4 tyres on, apart from that they are spot on.

Very plush and a with a 5 year no service required warranty they should last well too.

excalibur

Just fitted these on an 05 Yeti 575. first try this afternoon so not many hours yet to comment on. 2nd very plush, I think they're comfortable, quick steering and feel very capable. Bob & dive a bit more than my old platform damped forks of course, but if I ever want to reduce this, it's easy to turn up the compression damping anyway.

mine were advertised as 3 yr warranty and come with a 3yr sticker attached. The marz literature says 2 yr, but Windwave say it's definitely 3.

Great forks so far.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

A teeny review in dirt mag rated them.
    Read it?
    "in fact they're the kind of fork we've been dreaming of"
    It's on my next bike list.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Do they also use a ti spring that's the same regardless of how much you weigh with an air chamber to then adjust for weight, like the 55s?

I read that the 55s are amazing if you're the right weight for them, but if you're considerably heavier then it's hard to get the spring rate right using the air chamber and they don't perform so well.

Filthy
    Free Member

Yes, although, I must be the right weight for mine, tried a little bit of air in them and I'm much happier without any.

geetee1972
    Free Member

They are lovely on paper and I really wish I was a little lighter as I'd have a set in a heart beat, but I weight 104kg and so I will have to continue with the diet before I can get some (lost 7 kilos in the last 3 months; aim is to be sub 100kg by end of year!)

seanodav
    Free Member

As far as i know you can get diff weight springs for the 2010 version

biking_jk
    Free Member

I am considering a set of these also, price actually seems sensible for XC forks rather than the £600-£800 from other manufactuers.

Only £400 on Wiggle… mmm?

seanodav
    Free Member

Ive got the 55 rc3 ti’s and they’re very nice forks, would think the 44’s are also as good!

rudedog
    Free Member

Marzocchi have the worst technical documentation I’ve ever come across and for that reason I wouldn’t go near them again.

seanodav
    Free Member

Agree on that! the manual may as well be in japanese, but they aint that complicated to set up

rudedog
    Free Member

was meaning more for servicing rather than set up

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Any update on these or on the 44 TST (the air version – which only seems to be 30g lighter?). Very interested in how people are finding them.

ferrit
    Free Member

Been running a 2010 set of RC3 Ti coil ones for about 6 months not. Totally faultless, just keep getting better as they bed in.

Also got a 150mm set (2011) for my other bike, also perfect so far.

Agree on the documentation, but when you don’t have to touch them for 3 years and they’re easy to set up, who cares?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

3rd party guides are usually better for servicing anyway. What are the differences between the 2010 and 2011 models? Have you tried the air sprung version?

ferrit
    Free Member

2011 ones are 150mm/130mm
    2010 ones are 140mm

Think that’s the only difference apart from dial colours etc.

Not tried air ones, but the coil ones are pretty light already.

seanodav
    Free Member

Think the 2011 44’s are 10mm more travel and thats the only diff.
    As far as i am aware the 55’s are the same as 2010

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

It’s on my next bike list.

4 months later and they’re on my new frame. I went for the 2010 version at £420 and felt the extra £135 for 10mm wasn’t worth it. So apart from the lower axle to crown height I really do like them so far. The only real testing I’ve given them is on sections of cwmcarn where I could hit the rock sections flat out but they did feel superb. Didn’t even notice one braking bump section a friend mentioned. Riding some very pronounced root steps was surprisingly smooth.

Blimey though with the weight of these coil ones I don’t know why you’d get air?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Blimey though with the weight of these coil ones I don’t know why you’d get air?

I thought you could wind them down. Seems that’s not the case though. However, there’s meant to be a carbon legged version in the works that’s supposedly 300+g lighter than the coil version.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 44 RC3 TI QR15’ is closed to new replies.