Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Marzocchi 44 Micro Switch TA??
  • pondy
    Free Member

any one used these forks, or have a review? i have googled and no reviews come up. i want to know if they are as plush as the rc3 ti? after a plush for like the rc3 but need a lockout which these dont have, the newer micro switch ones do

pondyyfz
    Free Member

no one used these? or the 55?

honourablegeorge

I bought forks recently, had a long chat with (the very helpful) TF Tuned.

He said they wouldn’t stock travel adjust Marzocchis, because they are shit.

nedrapier

Ooh. I was pretty close to getting these.

Chipps reckoned they were pretty good.

Chipps?

nedrapier

What did you get instead, George?

pondyyfz
    Free Member

what did they say was wrong with them?

Test – Lyrik vs Float vs Marzocchi 55’s

hora
    Free Member

TF are probably referring to the bad spell at Mazz QC/era?

Get the Mazz.

jambalaya
    Free Member

This guy quite likes the 55’s, he seems to know a bit.

[video]https://vimeo.com/36232181[/video]

From what I’ve heard it does seem vintage is important, you want the latest ones I think. Had these 44’s been around/available when I built up my HT they would probably have been the forks I put on.

nedrapier

It’s the particular model in the thread title that’s in question. Heard lots of good things about the RC3 ti, 44 and 55, so I was pretty keen on the the micro TA, exspecially as I’ve got an odd soft spot for Marz, and the lower a2c (7mm less than the Rockshox and the xFusion) works better for my frame’s recommended 140mm travel.

Had a chat with TF yesterday after seeing this. Their stance was that this fork has 2 technologies in it that they know are troublesome (the Micro and the TA). So they’d find it hard to sell someone a fork with a clear conscience, knowing that there was a very good chance they’d be seeing it again in 12 months’ time.

I’m going with a Sektor now.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@nedrapier – interesting, thanks.

hora
    Free Member

Or buy a TST2 55 and turn the TST2 into a shim stack

nedrapier

Hmmm. TST might have been one of the 2. Can’t remember. upshot: Don’t listen to me. Talk to someone who knows about this stuff!

honourablegeorge

I ended up with BOS Devilles.

As someone said above, it’s just the Marzocchi Travel Adjust forks he had issues with- the RC3 Ti was very highly recommended.

pondy
    Free Member

just went to buy the rc3 ti, they are discontinued. what issues does the ta have?

nedrapier

Still places seling the RC3, though aren’t there?

pondy
    Free Member

i found sites selling them, but it does not say they stock them, chain reaction say discountined> tf tuned, merlin, wiggle and winstanleys no longer show them on the sites

davosaurusrex

I’ve got the 44 rc3 ti on my 5 spot. Got them CR a couple of months ago for £500 when they had an extra 10% offer. They are lovely, I was worried about the lack of travel adjust or lockout but don’t miss either to be honest. If you are worried about the micro switch model (although I wouldn’t take everything TF say as gospel) remember the new bombers have a 3 year warranty with no servicing requirements attached

pondy
    Free Member

the newer micro switch ta also have a 3 year warrentty with no service, might try these and if they prove to be bad then sell them

davosaurusrex

That’s what I meant, I believe all new bombers have the 3 year warranty. Makes them a lot more appealing to take a punt on I reckon

nedrapier

Winstanleys have the cheapest price I saw 580 or so?

I found RCT3 DP revs for £475, so went for them instead.

Another option, which I very nearly went for, was to buy cheapest maxle Sektors from Merlin (£203), have them delivered to Simon LoCo and have him drop in the RCT3 and Dual Flow dampers and a 110-140 dual position coil.

£472 all in, posted back to you. Top drawer damping control and coil plushness.

pondy
    Free Member

managed to get so0me 44 rc3 ti for £530

sprocker
    Free Member

I have the 44 rc3 ti best forks I have ever had including the 2011 kashima 36 floats I replaced with them not as stiff but unreal plushness. They are very active if you stand up to drive on climbs but hold up well if you stay sat and grind up.

davosaurusrex

sprocker +1, that sums up the climbing nicely. Also when you’re bombing down a trail with multiple hits you can hear that psshhh, pssshhh noise of the open oil bath on every hit, I love that!

pondy
    Free Member

test rode these rc3 today and they are a huge improvement over the 130mm talas they replaced. do seem a little bouncy, what are you guys setting your rebound and compression at for general trail riding. my rebound was 7 clicks out from fast and compression was 4 clicks out from soft and it felt good here, did not use the air assist

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 44 Micro Switch TA??’ is closed to new replies.