Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Marzocchi 350 NCR – PSA and what's the tyre clearance like?
  • dmorts

The Marzocchi 350 NCR fork is on Sport Pursuit for £289.99 -> link

I have ordered one as they got good reviews and seem to be a steel at the SP price. There are other Marzocchi forks on there too

If anyone owns a set, any idea of what size tyre will fit? Would they be ok with 2.5 or 2.6 tyre?

jturn71

I have the 350CRs & tyre clearance isn’t that great I’ve found. Continental Trail King 2.4 & Magic Mary 2.35 fit ok but think anything bigger would be too tight for muddy conditions.

dmorts

What year are your forks?

hamishthecat

Those Sports Pursuit ones look like 2015 year. Lots of issues with bushes too tight. On the other hand they should have a three year warranty.

Windwave replaced my 2015 350NCR Ti forks with 2017 ones. Result.

nixie

Two year warranty I think. I’ve a chunky monkey and a mug guard in mine and there is not much room left!

Recently had my CR’s replaced with NCR’s on warranty. Very happy with that :).

Really like the feel of both sets I’ve had.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I’ve had my CRs for over 2 years now, they just started with bushing wear after the 2 year period, but they were only £350, and I’m happy ish with that.

So i’ve ordered these, nice to have a brand new fork, new warranty and the upgrade to the NCR cartridge, plus I know these forks inside out now so home service is a doddle.

I’ve ran Specialized Butcher 2.35, Contiental Der Baron Projekt and Maxxis Shorty 2.35 upfront with no problems. Thanks for the PSA!

jturn71

My 350CRs are 2014 model

Poopscoop

Nice PSA dmorts!

dmorts

No worries!

I just need to source some 27.5 wheels now. From the manual, the official max tyre width for these forks is 65mm, i.e 2.56 inches.

My current tyre preference is Maxxis DHF/DHR II, or a Shorty at the front. These come in ~2.3″ or the newer Wide Trail 2.5″/2.4″ size. I could go for 30-35mm rims with 2.5″ tyre… but that might be too tight a fit, especially for mud clearance and fitting a MuckyNutz style mud guard

Kamakazie

Wish I hadn’t seen this. Only bought some NCR Ti’s second hand last month.

On the plus side, they are awesome.

hamishthecat

I have a Minnion DHF 2.3 on a 35mm (external) rim and there’s probably 10mm clearance to the underside of a Mucky Nutz style mudguard, and about 5mm either side. I think you’d get a 2.4 in but not sure about 2.5.

dmorts

I have a Minnion DHF 2.3 on a 35mm (external) rim and there’s probably 10mm clearance to the underside of a Mucky Nutz style mudguard, and about 5mm either side. I think you’d get a 2.4 in but not sure about 2.5.

Great info thanks 🙂 What are your wheels?

hamishthecat

What are your wheels?

They’re Syntace W35MX.

timber

I have a 2.4 Conti’ Trail King on a Ryde Trace Enduro rim (~30mm), there’s enough space for mud, but not for a muckynutz type guard.
    When laying in the pile at a group ride, there’s not much between the way my front wheel fills out and a B+. Not rode them as much as I would have liked to, but everything that I wanted from them.

vongassit
    Free Member

I have 2016 350 CR on my Cove , WTB Trail Boss 2.4 & a mucky nutz with no problems.

lardman
    Free Member

Thanks for the PSA-
    Just bought a set of NCR’s as backup to my existing 55rc3ti forks. Can’t be bad at 280 notes.

scruff
    Free Member

Can the remote on these be easily removed?

nixie

Can the remote on these be easily removed?

Yes, there is a lever kit that replaces it.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I still have a spare lockout remote for these. I had some last year, went back to Windwave after the stiction didn’t clear. When they came back the adonizing was being scratched off within hours of them being fitted.

Ended up getting my money back and going for a Yari.

Weirdly, they offered to swap them for some down hill forks…

scruff
    Free Member

Anyone had a shipping update? Mines still showing as 20th July.

ferrit
    Free Member

Says that my NCR Tis were dispatched 21st July…

dmorts

Mine have been marked as dispatched too 😀

Kamakazie

Enjoy! So much better than the 34s they replaced.

scruff
    Free Member

I’m impressed. Not fitted the lockout thing and won’t be. nice and smooth with that proper squelchy sound.

dirkpitt74

Just noticed this – sold out now.

Really impressed with my 55’s so was looking for another set of Marzocchi for my new HT build.

hamishthecat

Mine arrived today too. Just waiting for a 27mm socket and some Molykote 55 to arrive and then reducing the travel. Will also take off the remote jobby I think.

dmorts

First ride on them tonight and they’re pretty damn good! Have them at 160mm which means the bike doesn’t climb as well, but definitely goes down well! Will probably drop them to 150mm at some point.

My only niggle is the QR15 axle, can’t get it to close with the lever pointing up. Have to back it off, but this means the lever is closer to horizontal. Can you adjust where the notch is?

Kamakazie

No need to close it in line with the notch.
    The lever twists independently from the end of the axle so you can tighten lightly then close the cam facing upwards.

From memory anyway.

nixie

As above just rotate the lever where you want it after tightening but before closing.

daver27
    Free Member

I hate their website that forces you to sign up before viewing anything. price might be good, but god that puts me off.

dmorts

Fork axle seems to close ok now and inline with the notch, might have been stiff due to new-ness. When you close it into the notch the lever does go a bit further in….

Manual is a bit cryptic – Manual

Anyway, has anyone attempted reducing the travel yet?

stigofthedump1
    Free Member

Not done the travel reduction on mine yet although i did take the lowers off and grease the seals and top up the oil. There’s a video on youtube from windwave, seems simple enough.

http://marzocchiworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/

nixie

Travel change is easy.

ajantom

Yup, I used the video above to help me change travel (and do a basic clean & service) on my 350 CRs. Very easy and took about 20 minutes.
    No need to take the seals off either, which saved some time.

spacehopper

Darn.. cant believed i missed these.. 🙁

If anyone bought some of the TI version and has changed their mind… id definitely be interested… 8)

hamishthecat

First ride on mine yesterday – very pleased but definitely need to get the lockout sorted – massively more active when pedalling than my Ti ones. I think I may just go with the remote lockout supplied as the non-remote part doesn’t seem to be available any more.

First time on an air fork for nearly three years and reinforces that the spring rate on the Ti ones is just too firm for me. Will look at fettling those with smaller oil volume and possibly lower weight oil.

scruff
    Free Member

I’ve upped the compression on mine to reduce bobbing. It’s fine seated but bounces when standing. Can’t say they feel less supple with more compression, still feel great.

dmorts

Been running the forks for a few months now. Generally they are great but feel like I’ve not quite got them tuned 100%

What pressures are people running? I did have 65 psi but have dropped that to 60 psi to see what the difference is. The manual recommends 85 psi but that’s for the weight range of 65-85 kg, so obviously a very rough guide

scruff
    Free Member

Don’t know pressure but I run 30% sag. I’ve put 10ml of oil in the air chamber to decrease the volume a bit, seemed to help stabilise them a bit. I’ve also considered putting the lockout thing on as I do spin the compression up sometimes before a long dull climb.

dmorts

I run 30% sag

I think I’m heading towards that

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 350 NCR – PSA and what's the tyre clearance like?’ is closed to new replies.