Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • marzocchi 350 ncr – any users out there?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Been looking to get a new fork (150mm/27.5) for my spectral for a while now to replace the Fox 32 talas. Have considered the pike and tempted but have heard some very good but also bad things so not fully sure about them yet.

A mate suggested some alternatives including the marzocchi 350. Having a look they do seem tempting. I’ve got a set of 55ti forks which are lush and if they are similar then they will be good even if they are air rather than coil.

Is anyone out there who has tried a pair or ideally owns a pair and can comment? There are bugger all reviews out there – either good or bad – except for this enduro mag review

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I only have the CR which has a different damper.

The chassis is extremely stiff.

The spring out of the box is extremely linear but you can add oil to make it more progressive.

I find the DBC damper on the CR to be simple but effective definitely better than a RS MOCO damper. CR isn’t as sophisticated as the pike but does a solid job.

That arm pump thing is real you really do get a lot less arm pump compared to other fork I’ve tried on the same bike, they do the magic carpet thing that you are probably used to with the 55ti.

kimbers

superfi off here has some, i think he got his first podium on a set recently, but hes on hols at the moment

phutphutend

Great forks; plush, stiff, well damped.

I got a set for sale at the moment. See here

Purely changing for tarty colour co-ordination reasons. But I’m a part time framebuilder, so these things matter!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Phut – tempted, what condition are they in? Do they come with reciepts etc for warranty purposes and how much use have they had?

I’m abroad at the moment on a family holiday so need to check the funds once I get back.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Anyone able to say how they compare to pikes?

phutphutend

Bushwacked,

I’ve put another ad up on Pinkbike, see here

I got them second hand, but brand new, if that makes sense. So no receipts I’m afraid.

I’ve also felt a bit generous today and dropped the price a bit.

ferrousandy
    Free Member

I’ve been running a pair for 2 months on a Nomad. They took a while to free up due to tight bushes and seals but now they have they do feel rather good. I never use the full lockout, mainly because the back of the bike doesn’t lock so why lock the front?! The small bump sensitivity is very very good, maybe even BOS good, meaning loads of grip on roots and loose stuff. When you start hitting stuff realy quickly they remain composed, not blowing through all their travel, just turning big clangs into dull thuds. I found them easier to set up than a Pike Rct3, I think they are a little lighter too. As I said, when you are really moving they are excellent, the pike takes more fiddling to get to this level.
    I do have to mention that this is my second set as the others had one other BOS feature, a mystery damping clunk. However Windwave sent me a replacement by return so I only lost 1 day on the bike and this set are faultless.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

I’ve ran the NCR’s for a few weeks now and really impressed. I had the 55 RC3 ti on my previous bike and if I had to choose between the two I’d go for the NCR’s

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘marzocchi 350 ncr – any users out there?’ is closed to new replies.