• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by juan.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Marzocchi 2010 can they be trusted ???
  • tomglass20
    Free Member

I’ve got the opportunity to get some ex display 2010 marzocchi 55 TST 2 forks at a good price. Basically I wanted to no whether they will be reliable? Also if any body owns a pair a little user review would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Tom

wwaswas

2010 should have 3 year warranty (will be sticker on fork).

My 2010 44’s have all been great – I have 3 pairs.

tomglass20
    Free Member

Are they as plush as there legend would suggest ?

doug_basqueMTB.com

I’m riding a set of 2010 55 RC3’s, not the same fork but incase my experience with these are useful. The word is that they are v. reliable, I’ve only been using mine for a month or so but so far so good. They don’t feel plush in the typical “push on them” test but on the trail they are very, very impressive. I’m comming from a set of 36 vans and they feel better on the trail than the vans. I’m noticing a difference in the front tyre grip in fast rough corners. It just seems like the front end grips when I expect it to slip. I did a little review on my website after the first couple of rides, it’s really just a first look thing. I’ll update it soon with more thoughts but basically it’s what I’ve written above.
    marzocchi 55 Ti RC3 Suspension fork review

tomglass20
    Free Member

Cool thanks for your help

joolsc
    Free Member

I have 2 pairs of 44 RLO’s and they have been ultra reliable and found them to be very very good, all day epics or fast rocky downhills no problem, I bought mine in 2010 as well so 2 years of abuse!

mojo5pro
    Free Member

I have the 2011 55 rc3 ti’s and they are excellent. Did a lot of research before I bought them due to Marz’s previous quality issues and it was all good for 2010 onward models.

mildred

I’ve got a set of 2010 44 rc3ti & 66 rc3ti’s (so again, not exactly the same); initial impressions are that they’re very good indeed.

I’ve had the 66’s since Christmas and up until last week were my only fork, and used daily. I also did a couple of FoD mini downhill races on them where they performed far better than I expected.

I’ve just come off Bos Devilles, and couldn’t afford their big brother for my ‘big bike’, so went for the Marz’ instead. They have a very different feel to the Bos, though to be fair they’re designed for different types of riding. Where the Bos felt quite firmly damped in their initial 3rd of travel, the 66’s feel very plush. However, they never dive through their travel and seem to ‘know’ whats needed of them. Like Doug says, the ‘car park test’ tells you nothing about how well these forks function, but on the trail they’re excellent.

I’ve had the 44’s a week now and used them every day on my new Cotic Soul. Again, initial impressions are that they’re very good.

Again, to echo Doug’s mini-review of his 55’s, I find them a little bit bobby when I’m stood up climbing, for example, but like him I think that’s just because I haven’t got them dialled in to how I like them yet.

al2000

2010 44 RC3Ti, and 2011 55 RC3Ti here – superb forks, and the 3 year warranty inspires confidence.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Are all 2010 models reliable? I’d heard yesterday from the chap in the bike shop that it was more to do with them switching production away from Thailand, which occured in 2010?

ie early 2010 forks from there (the ones I just aquired)might be a bit ropey.

Anyone able to confirm?

Redbus
    Free Member

I stopped buying bombers when the quality went poo… but after seeing a few peoples 66 rc3 from ’10 / ’11 i’m thinking of going back..

Just spotted these going cheap online… i know they are the basic version but I had an RCV from ’05 and it was great. Can this low end 2010 fork be trusted?

Marzocchi 66RCV 26 QR20 1.5 2010
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=75566

juan
    Free Member

Doug, the not diving phenomenon you don’t understand is probably due to the fact that they have some sort of High speed compression damping inside. This is IMHO the second most useful feature on a fork, after rebound.
    HTH

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 2010 can they be trusted ???’ is closed to new replies.