Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Marzocchi 03 Z1 freeride service manual please anyone??
  • Swirly
    Free Member

Has anyone got this electronically they could send me please or a link to where it might be found??

Your help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Swirly
    Free Member

Thanks for your help Matt! Unfortunately those links are for web pages that don’t exist anymore….I’ve searched myself believe me!!

I gather that Marzocchi won’t send them out either if you contact them.

Does anyone have a tech manual for the above please?

Cheers!

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Swirly – the owners manual is on the Marzocchi website archives, e.g.

http://www.marzocchi.com/template/detailProdotti.asp?LN=UK&idC=1592&IdFolder=113&idMY=2147&IdOggetto=2441

Click on the ‘Owners Manuals’ tab on the right hand side and you can open the Pdf.

Swirly
    Free Member

Thanks Bennyboy….unfortunately this is the ‘owner’s’ manual…I require the *service* manual as am stripping and rebuilding the fork.

Anyone please?

jeff

Got an exploded parts diagram here – any good?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Send me an email (in my profile), think Ive got one on my works computer I could email tomorrow. However, it’s for 2005 forks. Although internally, they’ll be very similar.

It’s not tricky anyway, just undo all the bolts and pull them apart.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member
    Swirly
    Free Member

Thanks David the link doesn’t work as files aren’t there when you go to the site unfortunately…and thanks for your offer of help..have e-mailed you.

Thanks all for help looks like I now have the document I require or something from 2004 anyway…should be ok.

Ride safe!

Swirly
    Free Member

Update to all those interested….

A special 12mm socket is reqd for recessed footnuts so either a ground down socket or box spanner might be needed as David Tayforth helpfully pointed out. 🙂

Also thanks to Tandem Jeremy for his help and advice…much appreciated! 🙂

Cheers!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I used a box spanner and files it down. It was a cheapo one made from fairly soft material so it wasn’t to much of a chore.

Think I sold it with my last set of marzocchis. otherwise you could have used it.

cookeaa

I discovered a 1/4″ drive 12mm socket in one of my sets that just about squeaked in without requiring any grinding, it is amongst my most valued tools and I would consider killing anyone who took it…

As for a service manual, I too have struggled to find them in the past, typically I just google until I can take no more, get the oil volumes from the Marzocchi website then go for the “methodical disassembly” method…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 03 Z1 freeride service manual please anyone??’ is closed to new replies.