Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • marz forks….these any good….
  • ton

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30251

i just want a long travel air fork.
    anyone use these.

rs
    Free Member

they’re not air, just air preload, i’ve thought about these too but am wary of 08/09 marzocchi’s.

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

Ton, if you can be arsed get hold of a 2008 55 and mod it. There is a great thread over on MTBR about adding a shim stack to the compression part of the fork, which really sorts the fork out. I know that some of the 2008 forks had issues, but windwave will replace the internals if they blow, with the 2009 carts etc.

If you can’t be arsed then just buy the 08 fork anyway and save some cash 🙂

mieszko
    Free Member

The 55 series has as much technology as a NASA rocket

Huh Air preload and adjustable rebound is NASA technology now. 😉

Air preload isn’t that bad (had similar thing on my 2007 XC500), as with the coil spring and air You run the fork with lower pressure in positive chamber than in a air only fork. Works well for heavier riders.

I would probably wait till 2010 lineup of Marzocchi as 2007 and 2008 models had some problems especially the fancy ones with air ATA, Doppio Air etc

You could do as Si said but again if the fork will be in the service than what will You ride then? Maybe some NOS 2005 or 2006 forks? My friend got a pair of mint 2006 66SL for £147 off eBay and You can adjust the travel between 160 and 180 by negative chamber pressure.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Depends what bike its for?

If you want marzocchi then I’d look at 06 or 07 forks, either 66′ or Z1’s or All mountains. Each have at least one air model.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

avoid ’07 air marzocchis, not the most reliable fork 🙁 (speaking from experience)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘marz forks….these any good….’ is closed to new replies.