Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Martin Lampkin RIP
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Just heard that big Mart passed away, sad news he was a real idol of mine when I was growing up. F*** Cancer.

birky
    Free Member

Sad news indeed, RIP

taxi25
    Free Member

Totally bummed !! One of my childhood heroes.
    Still classy just a couple of years ago.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

That is the worst news I’ve heard this year. My hero when I was riding trials (& observing the SSDT) way back in the 70’s & 80’s.
    RIP to H.M. (His Majesty) Lampkin & condolences to Dougie & family. See you at the Scottish. 😥

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Sad news indeed, a home grown Yorkshire hero that was a star in his day.
    Remember seeing him once when I was a kid larking at the Flappit many years ago.

Andy-R

Big Mart was a legend and an inspirational rider. RIP Mart, and keep your feet up!

Davesport

Sad sad news. My thoughts are with his family and loved ones. A childhood hero of mine and someone I watched at the Scottish more than once.

RIP Martin.

Northwind

What a bummer, I remember meeting him years ago at some promo he was doing, total gent.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Blast from the past, tragic that he’s gone. 🙁

Reflecting on this made Sammy Miller pop into my head.

He’s still alive, and ‘only’ 82ish. Which is amazing because he looked 80 to me 20 years ago.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Another great British off road motorcyclist – shame they never seem to get the true recognition for their achievements..

Andy-R

We that know, know though 😉

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Yep

br
    Free Member

My Dad use to take me to trials when I was a kid, as he was an acquaintance of the Lampkin’s, mainly Alan and Arthur.

Years later I saw him and Dougie driving in a stickered-up Sprinter van down the M1 – they looked late, or at least in a hurry as they passed me doing at least 90mph.

He had his usual ‘fierce’ face on 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Love to see Dougie win the Scottish (again) for his Dad.

I’ll be there!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Martin Lampkin RIP’ is closed to new replies.