Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Martin Johnson quits
  • Pigface
    Free Member

He should never have taken the job, just tarnished his reputation as one of the best players of all time.

Rob Andrew is a prize c&%t

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What TeeJ said (rather than O’Flashearty’s glee at anything that goes wrong in his home RFU).

I wish him well. A fundamentally decent guy that captained many a hammering of the rest of our sides. I think everyone feared it was too soon. It was.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Edwards in todays guardian says he was never asked.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2011/nov/15/why-not-england-shaun-edwards

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Rob Andrew is a prize c&%t

This is indeed true. And he should be resigning with him.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Darcy, IIRC, England is your home RFU as well. 😉

Why they never even asked Edwards is beyond belief, if you ask me! Even as an assistant, with an eye to the big job later on. Madness.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’d sooner Mallinder than Edwards.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

In the interview with Rob “teflon” Andrew he said he would not be resigning, basically very little to do with him how the England Team play, he has responsibilities to the whole English Rugby setup.

My Plastic Taff side is very pleased with Edwards at Wales my English side wonders why the RFU didn’t snap him up… can’t decide if emotionally I win or lose with the outcome

grahamt1980

Rob andrew should be dragged through a field of shite. Problem is the weaselly Teflon shite would come out clean

ton

am i alone in thinking that, if Dallaglio had not tried to show off to that reporter, then Mr Johnson would never have been the england captain, or coach?

and i am glad he is going, he is not a coach.

mefty
    Free Member

Quite possibly, Ton, but I don’t think Woodward would have lasted as long and having captained the Lions, it would have been difficult for a new coach to ignore Johnson’s claims on the captaincy. In my view one of the main reasons England were successful under Woodward/Johnson was there was a tension between Woodward’s wacky ideas and Johnson’s pragmatism, which allowed the team to progress. Dallagio was a big Woodward fan and wouldn’t have stopped his more stupid ideas whihc Johnson did.

jimster
    Free Member

I feel sorry for him, he was put in the position with hardly any experience then gets flamed when things go wrong.

As for Andrews, should have been kicked out ages ago.

wrecker
    Free Member

Well that’s Mallet out. I understand that he won’t work for Andrew, and I don’t blame him at all.

MSP

My Plastic Taff side is very pleased with Edwards at Wales my English side wonders why the RFU didn’t snap him up… can’t decide if emotionally I win or lose with the outcome

Edwards has always been quite vocal about the RFU, with his league background he has said that he always felt more affinity to the game in Wales and its working class roots.

KonaTC

I have already written to the RFU to express my disgust that they have accepted Martin Johnsons’ resignation and said in my opinion he should have the position for life.

If they feel they can’t go back on their decision then HRH MT should be strongly considered as a replacement; I accept the rugby might be poor but the parties will be fantastic.

KonaTC

‘Next, little Megan Lewis-Jones will recite her little poem about where she thinks the RFU are going wrong.”

KonaTC

‘It’s all part of the joys of being one of the STW massive. We all think we can sing and coach.’

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Martin Johnson quits’ is closed to new replies.