Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Marshbrook?
  • zeb76
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

Just done HONC which was great fun. Wondering about entering the CRC Marshbrook marathon? Was wondering if this is aimed more at the lycra boys or is it a mixed ability kind of event. Fairly fit but don’t want to be finishing when everyones gone home!

Zeb

trusty

did it last year (75k). there were some keen people (which we weren’t) so we just cruised round and enjoyed a really good ride. just don’t stay in the pub till 2am like we did

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I did the 55k last year on my big and heavy Wolf Ridge (33lb) so it’s completely doable on a heavy bike if you’re not looking to break records.
    I loved the event itself, the course was pretty good (bit of tarmac though) and the site is fantastic with a great pub onsight that does fantastic steaks 🙂
    Really looking forward to it this year, hope the weather is as good.

astormatt
    Free Member

Definitely mixed ability as just choose the distance you feel comfortable doing.
    I have done 3 now all middle marathons (50k)ish and find them perfect as I think a 75 would be too much and a 25 is not enough.
    Give it ago I think you would enjoy it, also a good starter of you have not done any events before as you can take it as seriously as you want.

AirconAde
    Free Member

I did the 75k in 4h40 and would say that I was pretty unfit at the time.
    It’s a cracking event with a couple of good climbs but some really good trails (Eastridge esp) But them I’m a little biased as I live less than ten miles from marshbrook/Stiperstones.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Marshbrook?’ is closed to new replies.