Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Marple to Manchester commute ideas?
  • ryderredman
    Free Member

May well be starting a job on Monday in the city, does anyone else know of a route which I can ride in on that doesn’t involve death by drivers?

Disused bits of traintrack like the middlewood way, but heading the right way sound appealing 🙂

Thanks!

itsonlymelee
    Free Member

Peak Forest Canal onto the Ashton Canal would take you to the Etihad/National Cycling Centre area, and you can carry on into town along the canal I think. I live in South Manchester and cycle up the Fallowfield loop cycle path then onto the canals for a pootle out to Marple off road. Not very direct so perhaps not ideal for a commute. A lovely ride though.

http://www.strava.com/activities/142294299

monksie
    Free Member

Fancy chainlining with me? That’s my commute as well.
    Memorial Park, canal, Chadkirk, Goyt Valley Bridleway, Pooh Sticks Bridge over the Goyt, woods by Woodbank, Vernon Park singletrack and then either subway into Stockport and onto Trans Peninne Trail alongside the Mersey or Gas Works, Reddish Vale, Fallowfield Loop.
    A few options but to be honest, when you get past Vernon Park apart from the Vale (which isn’t all that) it’s a bit rubbish.
    More often than not, I do the A6.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Marple to Manchester commute ideas?’ is closed to new replies.