Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Mark Bosnich
  • tomhoward

Deliiberatley drives into cyclist. Avoids prosecution as he is of good character and the offence was at the ‘lower end of culpability’

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33059885

Ffs seems drivers are bullet proof everywhere, not just here.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmm, sounds like the cyclist was being an arse, as they hit his car with something, but that really doesn’t justify being rammed off the road with a 1.5 tonne car.

tomhoward

Yeah that’s my overriding view. That MBs response was massively disproportionate. But the court this it was perfectly reasonable.

edhornby

Bosnich wound down his window and told the cyclist: “Champion, you gotta pull a little to the left, you can’t keep to the middle of the road.”

yeah right

jimdubleyou

If you read the SMH article (linked in the BBC one) – the cyclist was 3 times over the drink drive limit, and didn’t get charged – could easily have been hit with criminal damage & drunk in charge.

Douche-baggery all round it seems, but they are Australian.

bigyinn
    Free Member

But the court heard that, after the incident the cyclist was blood tested and found to have a blood alcohol reading three times the legal limit.

The court heard that the charges against the cyclist were dismissed.

Fairfax Media understands that this was because the record of the blood test was misplaced by police.
    Hmm, a little more revealing if the cyclist was hammered. Still not justifcation of ramming him.
    I suspect what happened was pissed up cyclist gets lairy, whacks wingmirror of MB’s car, MB sees red loses it and rams him.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I actually can see Bosnich talking to a guy like that. He comes across as a decent kinda guy over the years and that’s just the kinda words I would expect from him.

The response is also a real shame. He would have been better served getting out of his car and giving the cyclist a good pasting (Bosnich is quite a unit on the quiet)for the damage to his car.

I am all for the witch hunt where the cyclist has been wronged but if a driver politely requests a cyclist make a small effort to share the road (He didn’t say get out of the way or get off the road)and the cyclist who is half peeved then damages his car for no reason, well he deserves a lesson.

Only the case if what is reported is the truth btw

deviant
    Free Member

Yep, let’s put the ‘brotherhood’ of cyclists pitchforks down for a minute….driver asks cyclist to share the road (not unreasonable IMO), drunk cyclist damages drivers car…..if that’s how it went then the cyclist is a tit and needs to adjust his attitude or somebody sometime will punch his lights out.

Not all cyclists are environmentally friendly, peace loving, pillars of the community….this one is a drunk rider/driver for a start and an aggressive one at that….lovely.

oldejeans
    Free Member

is that meant to be ironic, jim?

aracer
    Free Member

In what way was the cyclist not sharing the road?

deviant
    Free Member

At 3 times over the drink drive limit I’m going to hazard a guess he may have been weaving about all over the place..I would’ve been.

But taking my own supposition out of it, Bosnich asks the cyclist to pull out of the middle of the road, seems reasonable to me.

Got to love STW where a drunk cyclist can vandalise a car and still be seen as beyond reproach!

convert

In what way was the cyclist not sharing the road?

It’s an assumption, but he said “you can’t keep to the middle of the road.” not “you can’t keep to the middle of the lane.” to a bloke with 3 times over the drink limit. That sounds like he was wobbling along the middle while line to me.

cynic-al
    Free Member

TheLittlestHobo – Member
    he deserves a lesson.

Being knocked down by a car? Really?

takisawa2

Met him once. Mark Bosnich, not the cyclist.
    When he played for Villa.
    Really down to earth & thoroughly nice bloke.

Playing for Manchester Utd might have purged him of that though.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I nearly ran Mark Bosnich over with my bike (a 1997 GT Timberline in Ice Titanium with Indy SL’s) he dove over his car bonnet to save himself.

Maybe this was supposed to be payback.

Klunk
    Free Member

Being knocked down by a car? Really?

Hobo would’ve belched black smokey diesel exhaust fumes in his face first.

christhetall
    Free Member

Met him once. Mark Bosnich, not the cyclist.
    When he played for Villa.
    Really down to earth & thoroughly nice bloke.

Playing for Manchester Utd might have purged him of that though.

Was that before or after he developed a £5000 a week cocaine habit ?

Mind you, as a Tranmere fan who witnessed him saving 3 penalties in a shootout when he should have been sent off earlier in the game, there may be a litlle bias in my views on him !

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Over the years I have noticed there are many on here who like to be selective in the part they quote when trying to look clever. cynic-al is one of those people.

The response is also a real shame. He would have been better served getting out of his car and giving the cyclist a good pasting (Bosnich is quite a unit on the quiet)for the damage to his car Is the lesson I had hinted at but you didn’t quote.

Anyhow, its all subjective, I don’t know what actually happened so maybe that would have been over the top as well

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I still do that Klunk.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

christhetall, as a spurs fan I also remember him knocking Jurgen Klinsman out cold with his leading knee (Absolutely on purpose). He was a character 🙂

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

MSP

Coked up Australian driver…. something sounds familiar.

simonbea
    Free Member

I crawled through a bouncer’s legs to get Bosnich’s autograph where he was opening some sports shop in Solihull when I was a youth/yob

aracer
    Free Member

Big assumption. Certainly not one which is supported by the rest of what he said, nor by the fact he presumably pulled alongside to speak to the cyclist, nor by the lack of any mention of the cyclist weaving in the middle of the road, nor by the Australian drink drive limit being such that the cyclist was only twice the UK limit, hence only about 4 pints. I’ve certainly ridden a bike with that much beer in me without any problem keeping on the right left side of the road in a fairly straight line.

Just an assumption of mine, but I’ve encountered and heard about far more drivers who think cyclists should get out of their way when riding perfectly legally than I have drunk cyclists wobbling down the middle of the road (after drinking 4 pints).

I’m certainly not defending what the cyclist did, but neither am I convinced he was doing anything wrong in the first place, and nothing he did excuses the assault (for that’s what it was) with a vehicle. The fact doing such things is so normalised that quite a few on here appear to think that wasn’t by far the worst part of this incident is telling.

convert

I don’t agree. As reasonable an assumption as that he was riding in an appropriate and reasonable way and someone in a car tried to communicate with him about his riding for no reason whatsoever. No one contested what he said, which doesn’t seem particularly aggressive to me, which was enough for the cyclist to hit his car with a bike lock as he road past. Indicates an intoxicated person to me.

aracer
    Free Member

You’re ignoring those bits of evidence which don’t fit in with your theory then?

convert

No, just don’t agree with you. Deal with it 😀

aracer
    Free Member

Well in order to disagree with me you’re having to do that, so I’ll take that as a yes.

All apparently based on a pedantic interpretation of “middle of the road”

convert

so I’ll take that as a yes.

You can take it however makes your argumentative curmudgeon online persona happy.

cynic-al
    Free Member

TheLittlestHobo – Member
    Over the years I have noticed there are many on here who like to be selective in the part they quote when trying to look clever. cynic-al is one of those people.

Is it Christmas?

He would have been better served getting out of his car and giving the cyclist a good pasting (Bosnich is quite a unit on the quiet)for the damage to his car Is the lesson I had hinted at but you didn’t quote.

So a direct physical assault would have been fairer?

Anyhow, its all subjective, I don’t know what actually happened so maybe that would have been over the top as well

Oh that makes it OK then 🙄

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Mark Bosnich’ is closed to new replies.