• This topic has 30 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Mark Beaumont
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Should we tell him his helmet's too small?

cove123

it needs said!

devs
    Free Member

He also needs to be told that sheltering under big trees during thunderstorms is baaaaad mmkay! Gulping down a whole bottle of cold water if you were really proper dehydrated would do him the world of bad too! Is he the Bear Grylls of cycling?

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i kinda like what he does but served him once and he's a bit or a morose bastard if you know what i mean?

Kevevs
    Free Member

yup, he needs telling his last series was much better.

He also needs telling that there are much internet keyboard warriors ready to spank his boonana when and if he gets a little bit tired.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don't understand – helmet too small?

cynic-al
    Free Member

He was never seriously dehydrated. If he was hitting the wall he'd have been drinking coke etc too.

TJ just look at it

atlaz
    Free Member

I thought he was less miserable on this "series" than he was when he went around the world. Much as I thought the bloke who beat his record was a bit harsh, he did make it sound like he hated the ride; something that a lot of people would love to have the opportunity to do – not me though, sounds like too much work 😉

flipiddy
    Free Member

Saw him last night in Tunbridge Wells. I think he's being a bit harshly judged. Comes across as a seriously nice down-to-earth guy – doing what he loves.

Incredible mental and physical stamina. Very impressive and good that he is getting recognised. Fair play.

Maybe go see him on tour and understand where he's coming from?

obirobkeno
    Free Member

I saw him on Sunday at Hayes. Really nice guy, made plenty of time to meet'n'greet… Very inspirational, with being preachy.
    One thing to remember is, on the World ride he had 1 camera and that was about it and wasn't fully supported by the BBC. On the Americas expedition, he had a hell of a lot more gear to carry (laptop, 3 cameras, sat. transmitter etc.) and was fully sanctioned by the BBC.

He's being judged pretty harshly here… Oh, and no scripted stuff (like Bear Grylls)… 😉

rOcKeTdOg

doesn't he get back in the support car between takes? (which is what the bear grylls comment was about i think)

ojom
    Free Member

We like him.

Get's his kit serviced by us and buys his tyres etc from us.

Thoroughly decent chap.

BigJohn

Well that back tyre you sold him was rubbish. I saw it last night in Alaska and there was no tread on it at all.

We sat down to watch it last night expecting it to be one of these grim portrayals of some wierdo's descent into madness, but we were totally charmed by the man.

I think if you held a camera at arm's length and pointed it at your face the distortion of perspective might make your helmet look a little small.

I was astonished by the clarity of the picture, and why didn't he have a Pete Townshend nose holding the camera that close?

cynic-al
    Free Member

FOAD the OP actually quite likes the bloke but is incredulous that a shop of tbc's standing would sell him a lady-sized helmet!!!

wors

I saw him in Bolton the other night, thought he was very good.

BigJohn

Who are you telling to F Off and Die?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Who are you telling to F Off and Die?

…if ever there was a comment to exemplify what happens rapidly on internet forums, that was it. 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

"For the Avoidance Of Doubt"

😀

ojom
    Free Member

We had nothing to do with the helmet.

Not sure where he got that!

mudsux
    Free Member

he wasn't wearing it much anyway.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Pfft. I bet you fitted Sean Kelly's too, it was always squint.

(irritatingly can't find a pic)

BigJohn

I think you'll have to go to page 4 of google before you get "for the avoidance of doubt".

woodsman
    Free Member

It's good to see he is back using the Rohloff! Last series I seem to remember he broke A spoke, and had to go back to deralier set up – hope he's carrying a couple of spare spokes this time. The Rohloff does have an unusual spoke lenth!

Pook

For Avoidance of Doubt is FAOD

MORON

😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

What's "MORON"?

FUBBLEJUG
    Free Member

I saw him in Durham,and had a bit crack with after.Genuine,nice bloke.Hats off to the guy,Ive nothing but admiration for him.

cupra
    Free Member

Top programme, has got me thinking about an adventure of my own, albeit on a much smaller scale!

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

You should do it – it's awesome! I completed 1300 miles around NZ in January and watching Beaumont's stuff, particularly the 'watching your long road shadow in the evening' bit, brought back so many familiar memories… 😀

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Mark who?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Big trips are great, not done any for nearly 20 years though 🙁

Pook

Maybe On Reflection One's Numptified

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Mark Beaumont’ is closed to new replies.