• This topic has 16 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by DJC.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Marin/Penmachno/CyB
  • Telemaster18
    Free Member

Gonna go one of these tomorrow; anyone been today? what state are they in after the snow/ice/general crap weather.Cheers

Telemaster18
    Free Member

anyone

clwydrider
    Free Member

Not been to any of those this week but I know Llandegala is under a foot of snow and closed for the weekwend, the Clwyds are ridable, 2 to 3 inches, but plenty of deeper drifts, so download a Ride the Clwyds route as a backup if the others are unridable. Roads are fine.

Pricey8
    Free Member

Not been over there for a couple of days (live in bangor) but a friend went past this morning and said it was ridable. The marin has recently recieved alot of maintainance so there is very little standing water so ice should not be a problem but penmachno has not seen a trail builder for a while so there are a few hairly sections of ice. Went down to coedy a few weeks back and the trails there are really well maintained so shouldnt be to much of a problem unless its a foot in snow of course.

plecostomus
    Free Member

had a ride around marin trail this morning theres a fair amount of snow down and its snowing here now i live 12 mile from llanrwst, the fire roads are all covered up to 4″ most single track is rideable, some deeper drifts in some parts,had spoke to friends who had been to penmachno on thursday and the conditoins were the same.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Had a ride there today, lots of snow and great fun! Posted pics here:- http://northwalesmtb.proboards85.com/index.cgi?board=ridedays&action=display&thread=1632

Pricey8
    Free Member

that picture look amazing.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

haha looks top. Did a route round the clwyds in the end, lots of snow and lots of fun.

markcdo
    Free Member

Rode at all 3 locations wek before last, Penmachno was very wet, trail not draining too well. CYB and Marin both fine, just a little dampness here and there.

wheelz
    Free Member

I was up at Penmachno on Thursday. Some of the fire roads were a bit deep in snow, but all the singletrack was rideable. Was a fun day out.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Nice bike wheelz! shame you ruined it by putting a saddle bag and mud guard on it :wink:Looks brand new!

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Will put some photos of my clwyds ride up soon as

DJC
    Free Member

Was out on the Clwyds myself today – conditions were definitely camera-worthy.

I followed two sets of tyre tracks for miles and miles from Cilcain, but only saw three others out on bikes and none of them were sporting the matching treads…

wheelz
    Free Member

flippinheckler – Member

Nice bike wheelz! shame you ruined it by putting a saddle bag and mud guard on it :wink:Looks brand new!

It is brand new – well, a couple of rides old anyway, which is why I decided to take it instead of the Epic. Didn’t really need the crud catcher in the end, but the tube in the saddlebag got used!

Telemaster18
    Free Member

sorry to be dim but how do you post photos?

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Could of been mine and my brothers tracks(although dunno about miles and miles, we aint that fit haha) High rollers and nevegals were our tyres

DJC
    Free Member

Probably was you then. Maybe it just felt like miles and miles…

Forum help at the top right of the page (or just below your reply box) tells you how to post photos.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Marin/Penmachno/CyB’ is closed to new replies.