• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Marina and the Diamonds
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Anybody bought her debut album The Family Jewels?

I have and I'm loving it. It's certainly different and I guarantee it's a Marmite thing. I'm enjoying the theatricality and originality of it all. Fourteen tracks (generous) and all good. Several are excellent. And Marina herself is dead fit:

nickc

S'alright downloaded Mowgli's Road. S'ok I suppose.

lowey

Very quirky but I think she's ace. And fit.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

rack

Nick

she's got a lot going for her, but not sure I could listen to her singing for long

james
    Free Member

No, but wierldy am listening to it on the myspace page right now

I can't work out if I like it or not, the theatricality of it can make or break some of it. I like the track Obsessions most

cove123

1st heard her on 5live on the way to Mayhem last year, i liked her then not so sure now after seeing her on a few recent TV shows J ross, late show? etc

maybe it a welsh/greek thing, not mixing well?

still like the video for "i am not a robot"

CountZero

Like what I heard played on 6Music, downloaded a free track from iTunes yesterday onto my phone and listened to it today. I like what I hear, and I'll probably get the album, but there are so many that I want it may be a while.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

I like her but she has got a disturbingly low voice for a woman

cullen-bay
    Free Member

I heard I am not a Robot a while ago and really liked it. wouldnt buy the album though.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

I know the Bassist – should blag some tickets I guess!

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

I agree with ooOOoo!

Olly
    Free Member

smash that 😉

DezB
    Free Member

I heard that "i am not a robot" on J Ross in the wife's car. Was one of the most irritating things I've ever heard. She does look good though, so she'll go far (eg. Pixie Lott)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Marina and the Diamonds’ is closed to new replies.