Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Marin Trail 'Repairs'
  • DavidM
    Free Member

Hey all. I was just wondering if anyone one here knows what is going on at the Marin trail. I rode it last week and a very small amount of new bmx ish trail had gone in over the top of some of the really eroded bits. As it is at the minute is fine, and it has probably improved the trail, but there is a hell of a lot of gravel sat at the bottom of the last descent. I love the erodedness of the trail at present, and am fearful the trail might go the way of CYB and become another big BMX track. If anyone knows owt about the plans and when they are going to happen, please let me know so I can go and spend a whole weekend lapping the final descent before it gets ‘upgraded’

DavidM
    Free Member

Anyone? Can’t just be me getting paranoid about huge piles of gravel?

Northwind

CYB is a big BMX track? That’s changed a lot since last year.

How big is the “huge” pile of gravel? Think you might be surprised how much goes into a built trail, we dig down up to a foot and across up to 3 so a pile that looks big doesn’t go far at all.

MartynS

Was there yesterday, and there is still a large pile of gravel in the car park.

there was one small section that had been smoothed and berm’d (if that’s a word!)

I have to say I thought the trail was in a bit of a mess. There’s been loads of forest work going on (I know its a working forest)
    I’d like to know what the plans are. If it is being upgraded/repaired like a BMX track I might loose interest!

Milt
    Free Member

there’s news on their facebook page

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Ive not rode it for a good few months, pretty sure the big pile of gravel was there then and the time before that. So hopefully not, I love the last decents how they are and wouldnt want them touched.

Russell96

There’s been work going on since about July, back then it was on the really eroded first singletrack section of the last set of downhills.

DavidM
    Free Member

Calling CYB a bmx track as probably a bit harsh. It is still brill, but I was really gutted when the old Adams Family, and penultimate Karimor descents got upgraded. I just hope the Marin dosen’t go that way, as at the moment it is a great ride.

Milt, you couldn’t point me towards this facebook page could you, I can’t find it for the life of me. Cheers

fbk
    Free Member

Facebook page is Here

chakaping
    Free Member

I wouldn’t fancy riding a BMX round CYB.

Well, maybe just on that new bit (where false teeth was?)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Marin Trail 'Repairs'’ is closed to new replies.