Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • marin dual slalom help?
  • thomasraelburke
    Free Member

i have a rather old looking marin quake dual slalom hardtail and i want to run a disc in the rear. it does have holes but they are closer together than i/s mounts so im guesing i need some sort of adaptor. can anyone point me in the right direction. cheers
    also while im at it, anyone have any experience with this frame? it looks bombproof

Pauly

a2z do the adaptor that you need mate. The spacing may be 63mm? Not sure on that though!

Surfr
    Free Member

One of these?

I’d always wondered if you could fit disks in there. Oddly they’re on both sides but unlikely to be mudguard/rack mounts on such a frame surely?

james
    Free Member

“does have holes but they are closer together than i/s mounts”
    “The spacing may be 63mm?”

I think IS mount is 51mm

z1ppy

If the holes are 60mm apart and a M6* bolt holes, I think you need a two adapters, one to mount to the frame and a second like this to mount the brake calipre onto the mounting adapter.
    David (I forget his username, sorry) off here supplied me Autocad diagram of the two (mounting & adapter), and I’ve had it made up by my tame engineer. I can supply you the drawing if you like, though it still not be straight forward….
    😕

* = I say M6 bolt hole, as this is what the drawing stipulate, but my m8’s Marin B17 (’98 full sesser, not the newer hardtail) has a M10 bolt hole but with a fine thread (1.25) – I have my engineer m8 working on a solution.. getting a M10 fine thread bolt, cutting off sections, then drilling and tapping them for a M6 bolt to attach into. These will be fit into the moutning holes and then I can use the mount with normal M6 bolts.

p.s – Dave if you see this thread, I will contact you about this when my m8 perfects a solution, to see if you need it too.

z1ppy

oh and to try and pass on some good vibes, I found that snaps (on here) had a m8 with an adapter, who was willing to sell it – might be worth mailing him.
    BUT I got the impression it might be specific to a early Hope brake calipre and not a newer IS std (which I needed, and I had the drawing and my engineer m8 on a mission), though I didn’t think to check this at the time.
    You might be able to use part of his adapter (if it’s two parts – again I didn’t check) with the BETD adapter above.

bigyinn
    Free Member

How about contacting the Marin importers (ATB Sales??)

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

cheers all, sufr has the frame right but the holes are about 39mm apart centre to centre. so the methods above sound slightly different. does anyone know of a 39mm to i/s adaptor?
    bigyinn i tried on the marin uk website and there was no ask tech questions options but i will try atb sales cheers

burmaboy
    Free Member

oooooohhhh my god!!!! I love this frame!!!! It was my first proper mountain bike! I put it through so much abuse dirt jumping and trials. I did snap it in half though but that was my fault!!
    Dude. those forks have got to go though man!!

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

yeah i have bombers on it.

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

would this frame take 24″ wheels do you know and still work with v brakes as disc seems to be to much of an arse?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘marin dual slalom help?’ is closed to new replies.