Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Marin Attack Trail 6.7 or Cube AMS comp?
  • yoshimi

Just had a friend ask me this – I’ve never ridden either – any thoughts?
    Thanks

PJM1974
    Free Member

FWIV I’ve spent the past two years on a Marin Wolf Ridge and it’s a fantastic bike.

The Cube AMS looks like an XC race bike with 100mm of travel however, they’re bikes for entirely different purposes.

chojin
    Free Member

There are many different flavours in the AMS range, what is the exact model you are looking at?
    Mine for example is the 125 Pro RX which has Fox Talas 32 forks offering 100/120/140mm of travel.

Personally, I love my cube :] does everything I’ve asked of it so far, and has been very forgiving when I’ve c*cked it up!

yoshimi

WTF!

You’re right – I didn’t even look at the Cube before asking – I said to him first off that I’d be tempted by the Marin as I’ve not heard anything bad said about them and they seem to be well likes by reviewers and owners alike – whereas I know nothing about Cubes other than hearing their name mentioned in mags (don’t think I’ve ever bothered reading a review of one).

yoshimi

I’ll find out the exact model now

mafiafish
    Free Member

I’ve ridden a cube fritzz and was very impressed. The stereo the 140mm version gets a great write up too, Dirt seem to bum it quite a bit. I’ve also ridden an attack trail and really liked that too. Either way you’ll have a great bike which can take a lot of hard riding. I would imagine the cube is better value and lighter though.

yoshimi

AMS comp

yoshimi

Hmmm – he seems to be looking at a 150mm travel bike against a 100mm – I’ll have a word

To be fair to him he now rides a 15 year old Cannondale hardtail – he doesnt bother with bike sites and mags etc – he just wants his first full suss

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Marin Attack Trail 6.7 or Cube AMS comp?’ is closed to new replies.