Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Map or details of Western Lake District Routes?
  • robinbetts
    Free Member

Hi all,

Just been looking at the “Western Lake District” routes in the Trial Guide section and there doesn’t seem to be any details of the route its self. The other routes have a nice PDFs with the trail marked out on OS.

Does anyone know where I can find these routes? The “Medium” and “Big Loop” rides where the ones I’m after. Or any other awesome routes you know of in the Wastwater/Eskdale area.

Thanks!

R

boxelder

I can email a memory map of the route described (they only seem to describe one). Start at the George IV pub (GR 148998), cross the bridge south and turn Left (east) along Esk Trail BW. Follow it for 4km to Low Birker/Penny Hill and cross to the road. Turn L on the road to Boot, then R up onto the BW to Burnmoor tarn. Descend to Wasdale Head and turn L along road to Nether Wasdale. Head SSE up BW onto Irton Fell and continue over to descend to Eskdale again. Follow nose back to pub.
    For other routes, have a good look at the OS map, work out a route and mail me if anything looks dodgy. It’s all good!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Map or details of Western Lake District Routes?’ is closed to new replies.