Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Manufacturers settings on suspension
  • beano68
    Free Member

How many people actually go by the manufacturers recommendations/settings with regards to suspension ??

I’ve had my Spesh Enduro 29er from new about 7 months now and I’ve set up the front/rear suspension as recommended and more so the front pikes have felt absolutely shite !!!

But this morning I’ve dropped the front by 5psi and wow !!! it now feels like a completely different bike.

Ive just done 19k’s on my local trails and just the little drop in psi the bike handles 10 times better and is now very smooth in the rough stuff.

So I guess its just a game of tinkering around …

Northwind

Rockshox ones are all complete pish ime, especially if you’re at the end of the weight spectrum. Not even very useful as a starting point in most cases.

beano68
    Free Member

Very true, I’m 83 kilo’s and I’ve now dropped it down to 75psi and its made a huge difference, still need to tinker about with the rebound again but now its enjoyable to ride!

mikey74
    Free Member

My BOS suspension units are pretty much as per the manufacturer’s settings. I, and others I’ve spoken to, have experimented with different settings but have reverted back to the manufacturer’s settings.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Air – always measure the sag yourself. Set at 30%-ish and see how it feels. Adjust between 20 and 30 as you see fit. Forget what the manufacturer says generally, although it may be a starting point.

Everything else is personal preference and riding style. Guides may tell you what settings are better for what, but it’s really down to playing around. Unless you buy or service from TF Tuned, give them (truthfully) your details and preferences, and then what they tell you may be fairly spot on. At least that’s what I found with my CCDB shock. Though to be fair CC do a lot of work with publishing base tunes for specific bikes and have a forum to discuss tuning. Even then you can use their extensive guide to tweak it for your riding and terrain.

beano68
    Free Member

deadkenny – Member
    Air – always measure the sag yourself. Set at 30%-ish and see how it feels. Adjust between 20 and 30 as you see fit. Forget what the manufacturer says generally, although it may be a starting point.

Everything else is personal preference and riding style. Guides may tell you what settings are better for what, but it’s really down to playing around. Unless you buy or service from TF Tuned, give them (truthfully) your details and preferences, and then what they tell you may be fairly spot on. At least that’s what I found with my CCDB shock. Though to be fair CC do a lot of work with publishing base tunes for specific bikes and have a forum to discuss tuning. Even then you can use their extensive guide to tweak it for your riding and terrain.

Yeah thats what I’ve found, well I’ll be sending my pikes off to TF Tuned before I do Ard’Rock so they will be hopefully set up properly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Manufacturers settings on suspension’ is closed to new replies.