Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Manitou Mattocs – can they be converted to 130mm
  • Stevet1
    Free Member

I love my Mattocs but am idly considering reducing travel from 140 to 130 on my hardtail. They come with spacers to reduce travel from 170 down to 140 but can I bung another spacer in there to reduce it further?

Stevet1
    Free Member

Just in case anyone else is interested I emailed Hotlines and they advised that it’s not possible to go any lower than 140mm.

legend
    Free Member

Did they say why? Negative spring issue?

Sounds like you should probably sell them to me to relieve you of this hassle

Stevet1
    Free Member

Yep – there is only so much room to fit the spacers, no room to fit any more.
    They’re ace forks so not selling 🙂 will leave them at 140 – which is fine, I just fancied trying a bit less travel.

jairaj

Try having a chat with Loco, he might be able to modify it so it can be reduced to 130mm

Stevet1
    Free Member

Good suggestion, however my idle speculations stretch about as far as posting this thread and emailing hotlines.
    Also by the sounds of the response from Hotlines I suspect anything that loco could do could not be undone, which I wouldn’t want.

mickmcd
    Free Member

I use mattoc’s and the marvel pro

official line from the shock tech I speak with inside hayes is the Neg air chamber becomes bigger than the positive on the mattoc

their other official line is that for customers buying retail your warranty can be void though they did comment there were plenty of folks running them at 130 with no problems

oh i run mine at 130 also with no problems

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Manitou Mattocs – can they be converted to 130mm’ is closed to new replies.