Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Manitou Marvel TS Air Forks
  • twoniner
    Free Member

Anyone any experience with them?

I picked up a Cube LTD race 29 at the weekend, was told Manitou are getting better (never used them before) they seemed pretty good on the first ride.

blueflamespecial
    Free Member

I’ve been running a Manitou Marvel (Pro I think) for a couple of years now on my 26 hardtail.

The majority of my riding is xc and as an xc fork they’ve been great. Very light and I got them when they were silly money at crc.
    No chance of getting them for sub 200 quid anymore!

People don’t seem to want to take a risk on them but as above they’ve been excellent for me. Couldn’t comment on what they’re like for burlier stuff.

kimbers

I have a pair and they are great

They are on my hardtail so seen a lot of use through winter and been impressively reliable

Easy to adjust travel internally (I have loads of spacers if you need to reduce travel btw)

Adjustments work properly and very stiff
    They have caught me out before though, most of the time they feel similar to my Pikes but get a bit out of shape on high speed rocky descents, I am comparing them to forks with 60% more travel though !
    you can apparently rebuild the shim stacks for different applications, manitou are very helpful if you email them with technical queries

twoniner
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Good to hear some positives. First impressions were good, I’ll get a few more rides in this weekend.

pembo6
    Free Member

Really enjoy mine. Put them on a short travel dual suspension (vitus gravir 120mm travel).
    I found them a littl stiff so I opened them up and modified the compression shim stack to convert them from Manitous standard “XC stack” to their “trail stack”. Made a big difference to small bump performance. Much softer with less chatter over small bumps. Quality forks.

bigbloke
    Free Member

twoniner……I have the exact same bike LTD Race Blackline and I am very happy with the Manitou forks, so easy to set up and they feel right. I had to adjust pressure down a bit from usual settings. Impressed so far

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Manitou Marvel TS Air Forks’ is closed to new replies.