Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Mancs – what's wrong with you? Its only football!
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just listening to reports of arrests before the game tonight…darts and golf balls being confiscated. Come on, Scousers have managed a peaceful hatred between the red and blue sides, North Londoners have managed it with Spurs and Arsenal. What's wrong with Mancunians that they can't just co-exist in a neighbourly fashion? Do we need a two nation solution for you lot?

tiggs121
    Free Member

One side don't like the idea of the other getting better and becoming a threat?

I agree – it's all a bit childish

Junkyard
    Free Member

Football is tribal and some of the fans are thick nobb3rs who want to fight.
    Man City have been provocative – welcome to manchester for Tevez – which is their right- Man U with the banner commemorating how long since City won anything …. other equally emotive types have responded.
    Thanks God the players have retained an air of dignified silence and not fueled the flames 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This has little or nothing to do with the actual game of soccer. Sadly, the game has been appropriated by the sort of scum who just want a fight over anything and are using the tribalism of soccer as a vent for this.

ChrisE
    Free Member

It's only a game. It's not like it's life or death or anything.

Just a shame that all us non-interesteds (in football) have to suffer for it, to pay some of the cost of policing, insurance etc and then be subjected to having it rammed down our throats on the TV and news etc,

C

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

They're all wa****s!
    I'm from manchester btw and my in laws are all major city fans 😉

vinnyeh

Soccer cfh, thought that word was the preserve of the colonials? Or are you being provocative as well?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

First time I've heard of the coppers having to warn the managers before a fame. Shocking!

Quite enjoyable from the outside. Another opportunity for Neville to simulate bottom sex in front of the away fans perhaps? Still, it's certainly livened up the CC.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

Football, as we all know, is Rugby football. Even Aussie rules or American football. Anything else is just soccer.

😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I thought the clubs paid for the cost of policing, no?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Darcy, the clubs pay for policing in and around the immediate vicinity of the grounds. The public purse picks up the tab of policing/cleaning all transport links, and all areas away from the ground.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Or "association" football, where is where "soccer" came from. Tut tut flashy! And you forgot that mild mannered sport, Gaelic Football – according to Tommy Tiernan, a cross between rugby and the IRA 😯

EDIT: Fair point on the policing. Wasn't aware where the boundary between club and public expenditure was. So Mancunians have to pay for the city to be trashed this evening? 😆

gonefishin
    Free Member

Actually it's Association Football.

And for inter club rivalry, nothing in the UK comes to Celtic and Rangers.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Celtic and Rangers are in the UK are they not? Though sometimes it seems like a game of football between the INLA and the UVF.

AndyP
    Free Member

Aye those scotch football fans are mentalists. They'll even start a fight about music. Someone pretended to play a flute once (note pretended – didn't ACTUALLY do it) and it all kicked off. If it had been a deep-fried flute I'm sure it would have been ok.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Celtic and Rangers are in the UK are they not?

Yes they are. I was limiting my comments to UK based clubs as I have no knowledge of inter club rivalries in other countries.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Fair enough gonefishin 🙂

speaker2animals

Unfortunately it ain't just Footie that attracts the kn** heads. Stoke city centre (Hanley in old money) had to suffer a wave of scum bags, sorry "protestors" last Saturday for a lovely EDL march/rally/fight. It was lovely. 600 extra police on duty, at the cost of the good people of Stoke, coppers injured, town deserted and shops shut early so lots of income lost to help pay for the policing. It was lovely.

And who knows what they were/are protesting about and why Stoke (or any other town) has to put up with this cr*p? Supposedly passed off as every citizens right of freedom of speech, which I am a wholesale supporter of. In reality it was just a good excuse for a load of yobs to invade a city centre and fight with the Police.

Nice.

tjr666
    Free Member

What's wrong with Mancunians that they can't just co-exist in a neighbourly fashion? Do we need a two nation solution for you lot?

I am from Manchester originally (well Stockport, but close enough) and I think this is the main reason why I hate Football and anything associated with it. Stupid game, boring to watch and it brings with it too many morons (and yeah especially in Manchester, I once saw a city fan getting thrown through the plate glass window of a pub by united fans, into the high street in the city centre on derby day).

hora
    Free Member

Football has got to be the dullest sport. Sorry. You can go 1.5hours with no result. Just a draw.

Sorry. I just don't see the attraction, unless its looking at men sweating and showing their legs. I reckon half the football hooligans are closets' anyway.

waynekerr
    Free Member

You would think it was if you went to Glasgow on an Old Firm Match day.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Only 20 posts till hora brought it down to homosexuality 😀

stumpy01

I used to steward at all sorts of places while at uni – mainly Stamford Bridge though and the worst fans to have to steward by a long way were the Man Utd fans. Absolutely awful.

mudsux
    Free Member

Blame Tevez – he was out to prove a footballer can be worth £25million.

His claim to fame being he's an Ugly Betty lookalike … only uglier.

Andituk
    Free Member

Its been blown out of proportion imo, there were relatively few arrests at the last one, and no real trouble apart from two flares being lit. Its almost as if the media would like it to kick off, much like when the munich anniversary fell on derby day.

Like how scousers are being held up as an example though, only reason they don't hate everton so much is they're too busy hating man utd. These are the fans who dropped plastic cups of faeces and urine into the stand of utd fans below a few seasons back..

Dancake
    Free Member

Just a shame that all us non-interesteds (in football) have to suffer for it, to pay some of the cost of policing, insurance etc and then be subjected to having it rammed down our throats on the TV and news etc,

+1 to that.

hobby footballists are just as bad. I dont want to take my 2 year old son onto the field on a Saturday to hear 11 idiots screaming, shouting and swearing at each other for the whole time. Seems like a team game played by 11 idividuals who like to blame each other half the time, and who like o shout at the opposition/ ref the rest of the time. Not a good example to set IMO

have to disagree with the " 1.5H without a result" comment though. After all, a nice, civilised (ok used to be) game of test cricket can be a draw after five days…and still be fantastic!

waynekerr
    Free Member

Football has got to be the dullest sport. Sorry. You can go 1.5hours with no result. Just a draw.

How many days can a cricket game go on for & produce a draw?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Like how scousers are being held up as an example though

I think many Everton fans would also call themselves "scousers" would they not?

binners

I think the tevez case illustrates how fickle fans are

My mate, who's a city fan, used to chant at him when he played for us

You'll never shag a decent bird, Tevez! Tevez!
    You'll never shag a decent bird, Tevez! Tevez!
    You argie tw*t
    You ugly c**t
    They've sewn your head on back to front
    Carlos Tevez – Herman Munster-head!!!

And thought it was hilarious. Now they think he's a god!

On the other hand we thought he was great last season, but i dread to think the vitriol that awaits him at Old Trafford tonight

hora
    Free Member

How many days can a cricket game go on for & produce a draw?

I could have gone onto County level. My Dad made me play from a very young age, at club and in the nets most evenings. Hated it with a passion. I'd honestly rather try gay sex than play Cricket again.

What annoys me most about football is the fans causing trouble and fighting.
    Notice how they fight in 'gangs' and need drink to give them courage to fight in the safety of a group?

Says it all to me.

Sorry if it sounds venomous. I just think its abit pathetic how a group of adults can worship and idolise a business/company that is owned by someone else.

elliptic
    Free Member

North Londoners have managed it

Oh really? West Ham v Millwall last year.

🙄

votchy
    Free Member

Surely only one set of supporters are from Manchester anyway, everyone knows Utd fans are all cockneys 😉

hora
    Free Member

It'll be a storm in a teacup night anyway. The media will be there in droves hoping for some pushing. As soon as theres a jeer from a queue 10 cameras will be there with 'and there are scenes of angry violence from outside the ground'.

🙄

trailmonkey

Loving the irony of a Liverpool fan starting a thread about ill behaviour, especialy concerning games against Man Utd.

aracer
    Free Member

I'm guessing you don't know where Millwall or West Ham are, elliptic.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Are there any Roadies in the Oxfordshire area, me and the baggy wearing crew down here are looking for a ruck with some lycra wearing ponces! So what if we both like bikes, we're way better than you and I think some good honest fisty cuffs will sort this out!

elliptic
    Free Member

I'm guessing you don't know where Millwall or West Ham are, elliptic.

They're in London, and north of the river.

Your point is…?

khani
    Free Member

you callin my bike a puff 👿

hora
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member

Are there any Roadies in the Oxfordshire area, me and the baggy wearing crew down here are looking for a ruck with some lycra wearing ponces! So what if we both like bikes, we're way better than you and I think some good honest fisty cuffs will sort this out!

Me and the other Hamo fans are going looking for some Alonso fans to smash up.

Of course, in the tradition of football we will fight if there are odds of 10-1. If there are more of their fans we shall of course RUN.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Hora – You press that Button one more time…. I dare you!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Mancs – what's wrong with you? Its only football!’ is closed to new replies.