Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 410 total)
  • Manchester's Police doing what the Met are scared of doing!
  • highclimber
    Free Member

BOOM!

lazybike
    Free Member

bloody cyclists… 🙂

Vern0n
    Free Member

No lights or reflectors, tut-tut! Ka-Boom!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Not just a tinsy bit OTT? No arrests made just beat a guy on the ground with your stick.

TAG had a dreadful rep when I used to live in Manchester

psychle
    Free Member

Hmmm… gotta say, some of that looked a bit too heavy handed for my liking, I reckon those coppers could be in for some trouble as a result, particularly the chap who puts in a couple of kicks whilst the guy is on the ground…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, they’re being all big and brave when faced with just a couple of people who aren’t actually doing owt else other than riding bikes along a road, but I din’t see them do owt when loads of people were smashing up shops in Manchester, on telly last night….

Doesn’t really look like ‘reasonable force’ that; the cyclists weren’t behaving in a violent manner from what we can see, and I woon’t be surprised if the plod face a bit of stick from that. Incidents like that serve only to inflame a situation even further.

Violent thugs….

vinnyeh

shades of Rodney King there..

FraserHughes
    Free Member

+1 there TJ.

Looks like they knocked them to the ground, put a few boots in and then wander off.

Mob violence anyone!!!

Northwind

No reliable account, don’t know the full story. But if arrests genuinely weren’t made, then that wasn’t policing, it was assault.

Diane
    Free Member

Hmmm that needs a bit of explaining. On it’s own it just looks like police bullying.

richc
    Free Member

+1; Just looks like Police kicking the shit out of some lads riding bikes for no other reason that they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Police like that are worse than the rioters, IMHO. As they are supposed to set the example.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Might be a bit heavy, however maybe it might just work. There was loads of stuff on the TV and radio yesterday with oinks saying they are not scared of the law and a £50 fine or community service etc.

Surely this is effective. When chav boy sees pictures of other chavs getting a good kicking he will probably think twice about going out tonight. Currently as it stands they think they are untouchable.

Rich – It was pitch black so therefore late evening at least. The lads were riding round in a group with hoodies on, in an area that obviously was having trouble. They should have been at home tucked up in bed, or at least engaged their brain cells and stayed away from an area where trouble was kicking off.

psychle
    Free Member

And what’s that copper throwing over the fence at 0:56? evidence perhaps?

No arrests made? then those guys should be facing disciplinary action for sure, just ‘official legitamised’ thugs at work… it’s exactly this kind of sh1t that gives the police a bad name and fuels the fire between them and those they’re MEANT TO PROTECT

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FunkyDunc, +1

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Surely this is effective. When chav boy sees pictures of other chavs getting a good kicking he will probably think twice about going out tonight.

No, ‘Chav Boy’ may think ‘if the fuzz are gonna be violent thugs, then I’ll arm myself up with a knife, bat or even a petrol bomb to even the score’…

That’s just a bunch of violent thugs attacking people. The fact that they are wearing uniforms changes nothing. Cowardly scum.

highclimber
    Free Member

I did think it was OTT to begin with then I thought about all those people’s businesses ruined by these thugs and I prefer to see the police being more proactive with the use of their batons!

Vern0n
    Free Member

FFS you moan when they do nothing, you moan when they dish out a bit of discipline. Kids need to know the police aren’t content to sit there and do nothing.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The lads were riding round in a group with hoodies on, in an area that obviously was having trouble.

Is that actually illegal, cos like I do that sometimes, and I was not aware it was against the Law…

engaged their brain cells

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY-rVVRZoC8[/video]

druidh
    Free Member

The sound you can hear in the background is the helicopter overhead, which had been hovering around the area for about 10 minutes, tracking them with its spotlight.

So – they had been alerted to who the perps were. Note how the guy pushing the bike along just walks away after a bit of questioning.

To make an arrest would involve taking police off the streets back to the station to do all the processing and paperwork. Where would you rather they were deployed?

psychle
    Free Member

That’s not discipline though, that’s a hard beating (the sort that, if you delivered it to your kid, would have you arrested for child abuse)…

of course, we don’t know if those kids were involved in the looting or not, did they have any swag on them? Had a helicopter traced their movements from a hot spot to that point? If they had been involved, then I’d be tempted to say fair play (though the kicking and baton strikes looked to be way OTT), but if they weren’t arrested and were allowed to go on their way, well, what does that say??

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I would prefer to see some “discipline” being handed out to people who were looting, rather than small boys riding their bikes down an otherwise deserted street.

Just saying, like…

monogramman
    Free Member

They could have been identified previously by cctv and followed by cctv. police have radios, and could have been directed to them.

Notice how one wasn’t apprehended and let on his way.

They may have been arrested, but you cant see them behind the wall. usually that wold be the ideal place to put someone detained, as it reduces the chance of escape.

Fair play I say. Should not be out anyway, they know the risk & what is happening!

portlyone

You all seem to know exactly what’s going on in this little snippet. The bit where they firebomb the orphanage is missing…

If this vid puts off 50 other scrotes from joining in tonight is it worth it? (Obviously the rain will have a bigger effect).

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Elfin so how woould you Police it then? The nicely nicely approach did not work at all in London.

I agree it looks shocking and is very unfortunate it has had to get to that level, but its the only level the kids will respond to.

“but if they weren’t arrested and were allowed to go on their way, well, what does that say??”

It says **** off home or you will get a good hiding.

The Police are using a logical approach IMO, the yobs in London have already said they dont fear the consequences of rioting ie getting a slapped wrist and a night in the cells, so they keep rioting.

Vern0n
    Free Member

No, ‘Chav Boy’ may think ‘if the fuzz are gonna be violent thugs, then I’ll arm myself up with a knife, bat or even a petrol bomb to even the score’…

That’s just a bunch of violent thugs attacking people. The fact that they are wearing uniforms changes nothing. Cowardly scum.

Yawn. Looters are just taking the pi$$ knowing they have a 99pct chance of getting away without ever being caught. They are not gun / knife / axe weilding maniacs. They need a deterrent.

I would happily see this policing strategy adopted dahn Croydon.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

If this vid puts off 50 other scrotes from joining in tonight is it worth it?

Not if it means that the police are allowed to get away with breaking the Law, no.

The Law must be absolute, if it is to work. Otherwise I might as well say ‘oh whell the police are breaking the Law then so can I, and come and nick your bike’.

See?

psychle
    Free Member

I’ll say it again, just in case it was missed (’cause I think it’s an important point!)

That’s not discipline though, that’s a hard beating (the sort that, if you delivered it to your kid, would have you arrested for child abuse)…

gravitysucks
    Free Member

The Police didn’t have a view of the riders and started to run to the junction to engage, so obviously in contact with other officers. This supports the description saying helicopters that can be heard overhead had been tracking them.

If they are just a mob then why do they speak to the other cyclist pushing his bike and then let him go on his way??

Obviously more to what is shown in that clip. Short clips can easily be taken out of context.

highclimber
    Free Member

Do you reckon if we all turn up to Rivi barn on sat dressed as hoodies, we might get the police chasing us?

Vern0n
    Free Member

What we don’t need is limp wristed do-gooders trying to point fingers at the cops and as a result, the police even more reluctant to dish out a bit of justice 😛

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

druidh – do you really think that is appropriate? To beat a bloke to the ground, give him a few kicks on the ground then walk off? Yes of course use force if required but there is no justification whatsoever for that. The bloke that gets beaten is not running away or resisting. He has stopped when the cop runs up and hits him

HJe is clearly not detained either as the cops just walk away from him

aP
    Free Member

So, just hypothetically obviously, all you guys calling for more “Fed action” would be more than happy to have your tax returns forensically investigated then?

richc
    Free Member

Rich – It was pitch black so therefore late evening at least. The lads were riding round in a group with hoodies on, in an area that obviously was having trouble. They should have been at home tucked up in bed, or at least engaged their brain cells and stayed away from an area where trouble was kicking off.

So are we now saying, that the Police can distribute corporal punishment on children out past a Government defined bedtime?

If they were committing a crime arrest them, beating the shit out of children just *because* isn’t acceptable in any society.

How would you feel if your kid got batoned cycling home; just because the Police didn’t like the look of him.

The riots are bad, but FFS everyone else throwing away their morals and common sense aren’t going to make it any better. Teaching people might is right, is just going to escalate thing even further, and god help the copper that gets caught by a group of teenagers who have taken a beaten from the Police and decide to even the score.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I agree with above – way too heavy-handed and that is exactly why people dislike the police.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I don’t think the lads on the bike were doing nothing, at 10secs you can see the last rider checking over his shoulder. The police started running to intercept them from behind a wall so couldn’t see them. At 1min 20sec you can see a line of police that have come down the road the original persuers who informed the interceptors to cut them off?

The police might have been heavy handed but then again the scum that have been rioting aren’t throwing roses at them either.

If the parents had common sense or responsibility they would keep their kids indoors until the tensions have passed that way stopping them from rioting or getting attacked.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Police clearly took reasonable and appropriate action to prevent a breach of the peace – and by the look of it it worked, more strength to them 😀

vinnyeh

The police aren’t arbiters of justice.
    There was no reason for that beating at all. It wasn’t needed to apprehend the cyclists.
    Do you think the cops would have done that if they knew they were being filmed? What do you think is uppermost in their mind now- are they glad this clip is public, thinking that this will act as a deterrent to future rioting? Or are they shitting themselves, worried they’ll be identified?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Rich – I would make sure my lad was at home last night if I lived in London or Manchester, or if he wasnt I would hope he would have the intelligence to stay away from the area.

If he came home saying he had been beaten knocked off his bike by the Police I would check he was ok and then ask what the f he was doing in that area!

oldgit
    Free Member

There’s no way on earth that that’s heavy handed. Look again, my mum would have kicked me harder than to get me out of bed.

Anyone know the story though? the cops were running to the spot before they came into sight, and they tried to leg it which suggests something had kicked off already.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I see nothing wrong with that clip.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 410 total)

The topic ‘Manchester's Police doing what the Met are scared of doing!’ is closed to new replies.