Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Manchester would-be Bombers caught
  • hora
    Free Member

Apperently so. Twelve Pakistani’s caught in raids- think I saw a car after it was rammed on Chester road and lots of wierd (dodgy) looking plain clothes Police cars including a X reg Hyundia 4×4, a few Renaults and a Zafira racing about with lights on.

Targets were a nightclub (I’ll keep my mouth zipped on this one) and the Arndale centre (dear gawd its difficult keeping my mouth zipped from commenting on that one)..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I wonder if they have any real evidence this time – previous raids of this type were announced with a big fanfare of publicity and quietly every detainee was released as they had no case against them

taxi25
    Free Member

I hope their intelligence is better than Cardiff’s police

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/7992884.stm

uplink
    Free Member

If you accept that they had intelligence to link those people to some plot, arresting them for questioning at least disrupts anything that was being planned
    Not ideal – I know

tomlevell

Although they could be completely innocent and have their lives/jobs ruined by sitting in a cell for 40 days (or whatever it is) before going to trial.

joe1983
    Free Member

Which nightclub was it? There’s a few I wouldn’t mind being ‘rennovated’

uplink
    Free Member

You can be held for as long as it takes if you’re going to trail & a judge remands you – not just for terrorism charges

hora
    Free Member

joe1983…easy…. I know a few that I’m none too keen on including Printworks (shudders). Can’t they head down to Moss Side replenished with AK47’s and have a good old gun fight with the Yardies?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

2 where taken in Cheetam Hill.
    2 where from Homebase in Clitheroe..

Brainflex

The two taken from clitheroe were staying at my brother’s B&B.

zaskar
    Free Member

I think we should do what Australia do-swear an Oath to the U.K. no matter where you are from including these Anglo Saxons! ;o)

Thing is I disagree with Iraq and Afghan invasion and fart when I fly now.

I have to say well done for preventing a disaster and well done for the top reporting hora.

hora
    Free Member

brainflex do they qualify for a discount as I don’t think they got the full cooked breakfast this morning.

hora
    Free Member

…..but they will be receiving plenty of sausages in prison 😆

donald
    Free Member

I think we should do what Australia do-swear an Oath to the U.K

What? People visiting here from a foreign country?

AndyP
    Free Member

I think we should do what Australia do-swear an Oath to the U.K.
    jebus, somebody make it stop…

hora
    Free Member

Apperently one-eyed willy was caught in central Manchester waving a set of Marzocchi’s…

saladdodger
    Free Member

zaskar – Member
    I think we should do what Australia do-swear an Oath to the U.K. no matter where you are from including these Anglo Saxons! ;o)

Bloody good call

hora
    Free Member

Spanish earlier

simonralli2
    Free Member

From the same people who brought you the Ricin plot – poison on the ends of umbrellas etc. I see they are from Pakistan, which is where “our boys” are going to be heading next maybe?

hora
    Free Member

Simon Ralli, now now that would distract the voting public from problems at home though..
    ..imagine concentrating on watching the enemy within/neighbours and letting Labour do whatever they want..

JulianA
    Free Member

Simon Ralli – Member
    From the same people who brought you the Ricin plot – poison on the ends of umbrellas etc

Why would people from Pakistan want to murder a Bulgarian dissident? Assuming you are referring to Georgi Markov?

hora
    Free Member

Or we could swear an oath the other way round, keep our women on a tight leash, inter-marry with our relatives, completely misinterpretate what the Holy book actually says whilst letting Saudi’s amend and change the Prophets words to their own agenda…..surely the enemy is within their own ranks.

Stoner
    Free Member

hora – you do realise that the hooded dress code was a catholic construct to ensure that only “god” knew the identity of the “penitent”. The outfit style was appropriated many, many years later by the KKK in the southern states.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

surely the enemy is within their own ranks.

One of the more sensible things you’ve said here, Hora.

And true. Many Muslim people I know, feel that extremism is actually far more damaging to Muslim communities, than so-called Western ‘decadence’. The fact that Brown people get treated with increased suspicion and hostility, is proof that the actions of a tiny minority of extremists, coupled with the Neo-Cons attempts at demonising Islam, have set back the progress of racial, cultural and social integration here, some way.

hora
    Free Member

Stoner, yes. There was an article on this in the Observer last Sunday. It is ironic though (from personal experience).

Brainflex

“hora – Member
    brainflex do they qualify for a discount as I don’t think they got the full cooked breakfast this morning.”

No, He’s gonna bill them extra for the mess the police made searching their rooms

sam42
    Free Member

Me mate’s 5 0 and apparently he was on telly blurred out knicking one of them in cheetham hill…..
    i say apparently……

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

I wonder if they have any real evidence this time – previous raids of this type were announced with a big fanfare of publicity and quietly every detainee was released as they had no case against them

All 12 released without charge.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/apr/23/terrorism-legislation-review-raids

theotherjonv

being banged up from weds 8th until now must have ruined their plans for easter.

uplink
    Free Member

The possible consequences are sometimes far too great to wait for hard evidence – they only need to suspect something in order to arrest & question
    They obviously still think they were up to no good hence the deportation orders for the foreign nationals

I’m comfortable with that

porterclough
    Free Member

I’m sure there might be an important point about not being able to use intercept evidence in court (which would be a good idea) – but on the other hand, I struggle to understand how the police can possibly have been convinced that an attack was imminent enough for them to act as they did (they are still claiming that Quick’s faux pas only brought the operation forward by ‘hours’), and yet there turn out to be no evidence whatsoever – not even for a charge of conspiracy.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Manchester would-be Bombers caught’ is closed to new replies.