Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Manchester Hotels
  • will
    Free Member

Heading upto Manc for the track cycling on 28th September and need a hotel. Obviously Google/Late Rooms/Last Minute brings up a fair few but they seem either full or quite pricey…

Any ideas people?

tomhoward

The Palace is pretty nice, Jury’s Inn is nice enough with a decent breakfast, and the Radission edwardian is awesome.

All these can be had for less than £100 per room per night. if you dont mind cheap and not very cheerful then the travel lodge is £44 a night, but is little more than a bed with a roof.

will
    Free Member

Even a Travel Lodge is £160 for the night! Looking at the Macdonald which is £223…

This was meant to be a cheap idea 😆

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

I booked the Double Tree last minute for £85 before. Free cookie on arrival 🙂

tomhoward

probably due to demand, I tried to stay in Manc when Robbie williams was playing, cheapest was £409 per night!

fubar
    Free Member

This is my usual cheap option:

Britannia

and even that is showing more than usual

(note…it’s an ‘okay’ hotel I use when out on the lash)

binners

You could always stay out of town and head in on the tram. The line to the velodrome is open now, so you could potentially stay anywhere on the map below, and just jump on a tram that drops you off right outside

Maybe check the hotels on Salford Quays, or Anywhere on the way out to Bury or Oldham

I’ve just looked on booking.com and its telling me a Double room in Bury Premier Inn is £69, its right next to the Tram Station, so you’re 30 minutes away

fubar
    Free Member
    itsallgood

+1 for the double tree, or try on the Quays.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Ibis Budget FTW. No frills has been recently refurbed about 1 minute walk from the tram line. Suffers a bit from road noise but that was the last time I was there and it was really warm so the window was open. My mate recommends the Trafford Cricket Club Hotel.

dessie72

I recommend the Renaissance,stay there a few times a year when we go and see City play,family love it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Manchester Hotels’ is closed to new replies.