Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Manchester dwellers – cycle route advice please
  • paul4stones

I need to get from Manchester Victoria to Sale by bike with a 9yr old if possible. I was thinking Bridgewater canal towpath but wondered if there’s a nifty, child friendly way down Deansgate to get to it.

Or any other suggestions welcome!

Thanks

project
    Free Member

http://www.cyclegm.org/ has a lot of small fold out free maps, really good as they cover all areas.

Mr5O
    Free Member

If you ask for these maps to be posted they take ages, I wanted mine in April but they turned up in June. I commute from Piccadilly to Salford Quays using either the canals or roads

I can scan in sections of the map for you if you give me your e-mail

ourmaninthenorth

1. Out of Victoria station, and turn left towards the (old) Urbis building.
    2. Aim for Selfridges, passing it on the left.
    3. Cross Market St, and head along Cross Street.
    4. At Albert Square, turn left and ride alongside the Town Hall.
    5. At the next lights (end of the Town Hall building) turn right – there is a little cycle path through St Peter’s Square, spitting you out opposite the Midland Hotel.
    6. Cross the road (Peter Street) and ride alongside the tram tracks beside the hotel.
    7. Continue along Mosely St between Manchester Central and the Bridgewater Hall.
    8. Cut through the B’water Hall car park onto Great Bridgewater Street, emerging opposite the Jury’s Inn.
    9. Cross the road and turn left along the pavement at the side of the office building to the left of the Jury’s (Eversheds – my old employer).
    10. At the end of the Eversheds building, before you reach the Rain Bar, turn right and head down the steps to the canal.
    11. Turn right and then across the little footbridge before turning right and heading along the side of the canal.

Flick a two fingered salute at Eversheds for me, would you?

paul4stones

Thanks OMITN that sounds champion.

Mr 5 0 I’m on pmyers at talktalk dot net

If you’ve a map on with that bit and you don’t mind scanning that’d be great, thanks very much.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Manchester dwellers – cycle route advice please’ is closed to new replies.