Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Manchester – City Centre Parking or Park and Ride (tomorrow)
  • typer
    Free Member

Travelling down to Manchester from Sunderland tomorrow with the wife to go to a concert at the O2 Apollo and driving straight home afterwards. So I’m looking at what our best options are for parking, either secure city center parking where the car is not likely to get it’s wheels nicked or park and ride. Any Mancunians on here recommend our best course of action?

Thanks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Book a hotel with parking, double bonus of not driving after and not ending up. In Sunderland.

typer
    Free Member

lol, thanks. Not an option unfortunately as our babysitter can’t stay overnight 🙁

typer
    Free Member

Double post!!

craig24
    Free Member

Lots of secure parking round Piccadilly station, then walk over to the Apollo. Will be crowds walking to and from the gig, its safe to walk before and after gigs.

Or you could park and ride which would be cheaper but I think you would still end up walking from Piccadilly.

lowey

Just jump on one of the gangster run car parks around the apollo. Your car will be reet enough.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lol. The op is from Sunderland it will probably come out washed 😉 what time does the gig finish? Manchester back to wearside? Tell the babysitter to get her boyfriend over

craig24
    Free Member

To be honest, I usually park over the road, down the side of the park. I see lots of people doing it. Don’t know if I’d recommend it though.

typer
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, looking for a car park round Piccadilly sounds like the way to go.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Manchester – City Centre Parking or Park and Ride (tomorrow)’ is closed to new replies.