Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Manchester Christmas Market stallholders threatened by children with a knife
  • technicallyinept
    Free Member
    fin25
    Free Member

Did you read the story, or just the headline?
    The two that were caught could not be proved to be the same two that had the knife, so had to be let go. Why pursue a pointless charge against kids you don’t have the evidence to charge?

terrahawk
    Free Member

They would have gone to the station and most likely charged with a number of offences, however the lads that were questioned don’t appear to be the lads who carried out the crime.
    I know, I know, it’s political correctness gone mad isn’t it. 🙄

Later in the afternoon, at about 4pm, two youths – who did not have a knife – were detained by security staff on Cathedral Gardens in connection with the attempted robbery, but were later taken home without being arrested.

Investigations are ongoing to trace those responsible for the market stall knife threats.

binners

Have you seen what they’re charging for a bratwurst at the Christmas Markets?

They probably reckoned ‘If you can’t beat ’em…….’

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Balls, I’d read that as there weren’t entirely sure it was the same kids. If completely unrelated, why even mention them? MEN doing it’s best to emulate the daily mail I guess.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I can’t see in that report a description beyond “they were wearing tracksuits”. That’s 3 quarters of the population of Manchester!
    Were they white? black? fat? thin? tall? short? male? female? were their trackies red? blue? black?
    Who knows.

They’ll be back with their big bruvvers later anyway

terrahawk
    Free Member

MEN doing it’s best to emulate the daily mail I guess.

they were probably trying to steal Great British Jobs (from foreign sausage merchants)

technicallyinept
    Free Member

I can’t see in that report a description beyond “they were wearing tracksuits”. That’s 3 quarters of the population of Manchester!

That’s normal for the MEN. Always lots of wound up people on their facebook page assuming that no description means ‘brown’ but too pc to say it.

mcnultycop

If it puts people off going to the sheds where they make you rent a mug for your warm wine, then all the better.

No one has fun at Manchester “christmas markets”. They all pretend to have fun, but they aren’t actually having fun. They are crowded, in the cold, drinking crap but expensive booze in rented mugs and glasses.

Just go to Manchester’s pubs, and actually stand a chance of keeping the money in the local economy.

D0NK

No one has fun at Manchester “christmas markets”. They all pretend to have fun, but they aren’t actually having fun. They are crowded, in the cold, drinking crap but expensive booze in rented mugs and glasses.

Kinda, with the right people you can have fun but you could be having just as much fun – probably more – pretty much anywhere else.
    and spend a lot less money in the process 🙂

bah humbug etc

I’m going next weekend

slowoldman

Have you seen what they’re charging for a bratwurst at the Christmas Markets?
    They probably reckoned ‘If you can’t beat ’em…….’

Indeed. I avoid them at all costs. It was heaving down there today as I strolled past on my way to get a £2.80 New Yorker from Katsouris. Some people just love a crowded rip-off.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Manchester Christmas Market stallholders threatened by children with a knife’ is closed to new replies.