Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Man United content
  • teamyeti
    Free Member

well done to Fergie and his team.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Took you a while 😀
    Well done indeed.

sc-xc

Well done wolves. 😀

trailmonkey

well done to Fergie and his team

Indeed, no mean feat to win 3 on the spin. However, I think that they’ve won this year at a canter and have even been able to have a poor run of form, concede vital points to their nearest challengers and still win by a few games difference. I think if Hiddink had been in charge at Chelsea all season, things might have turned out differently. The reality is that there was never a serious challenger to them this year and the true success of their season will depend on beating Barcelona in Rome.

EDIT. That’s the view of a non Man Utd fan. I’m sure they would see equalling Liverpool’s 18 titles as being the real success.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Consistency from the Baggies …. again,

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think if Hiddink had been in charge at Chelsea all season, things might have turned out differently.

Could be true there fella but it’s easy put a run of form together when it’s too late. No doubt Gus is a really really good mananger – and I’m sorry he won’t be around next year.

The reality is that there was never a serious challenger to them this year and the true success of their season will depend on beating Barcelona in Rome.

Well, I dunno, I have the feeling that Everton fans (perversely) have Liverpool to thank for being in the cup final. Had Utd been their usual 15 points ahead with no pressure, Fergie could have stuck a strong side out and sent Everton back home well beaten. Truth was, he was feeling pressure in the title race and didn’t want to risk the better players, hence Everton holding them scoreless for the 120 minutes. No doubt, Fergie felt Liverpool put them under a fair amount of pressure – some of the things he’s said this year showed that.

Nevertheless, definitely the quality of their squad has shown through. The permutations available to Ferguson are myriad and they can nearly always put a side away when they really have to. Too many draws at Anfield for Liverpool has been the difference. No doubt ManU deserved it but at least the title was still alive going into May and Liverpool have made some kind of leap forward this season.

I hope this row ends between Fergie and Rafa – the dislike between Utd and Liverpool fans is becoming almost toxic and I’m a bit tired of it.

zaskar
    Free Member

Everton have a smaller squad, Uefa cup games too.

They played for the draw and ti worked great for them.

It would be great to see Utd in the FA Cup too but thats footy.

Good luck to them on Wed and good luck to Everton on Sat (I think it’s on)

😈

trailmonkey

No doubt, Fergie felt Liverpool put them under a fair amount of pressure – some of the things he’s said this year showed that.

Well, it got a little tight at one point but I always thought that Man Utd were the strongest side with the most talented squad. It was certainly never as tight as things got with the Henry era Arsenal in contention.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Man United content’ is closed to new replies.