Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Man (shopping) bags…
  • twang
    Free Member

Rucksack maybe…a bit student? Sports bag?…off to the gym apre shopping?
    Whats the discerning stwster happy to swing across Tesco Waitrose carpark..??
    Yeah show us your bags!

RustySpanner

🙂

andyl
    Free Member

Cletus

I bought a couple of Crumpler Light Delight Shopper bags in anticipation of the bag charges coming in.

I am pretty pleased as the are quite tough and capacious but can be folded up very small.

http://www.crumpler.eu/collections/light-delight/light-delight-shopper-pale-yellow-black

andyfla
    Free Member

I have a North Face Messenger bag which shown I am manly and tough and ready to have a massive adventure, just after picking the kids up

BFITH
    Free Member

Some thing like this perhaps:

Sorry,couldnt resist 🙂

GrahamS

We get our big shopping via home delivery – neatly side-stepping the bag issue as well as the “dragging two bored kids around a supermarket for hours” issue.

For our local shopping we use various cloth bags like the one above or this:

steeble
    Free Member

Large ikea bag ftw, yellow ones are even better

ourmaninthenorth

Oh we do re full on righteous reusable jute bags, which originally came from Unicorn in the People’s Republic of Chorlton.

(Or, for bigger shops, some ultra durable nylon bags from Carrefour in Grasse.)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mrs dd uses this one 😀

steveoath
    Free Member

Fwiw to the Englanders, home delivery does not make you exempt for bag charges. Especially if you are using one of the “big ones”.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34346309

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

home delivery does not make you exempt for bag charges

Indeed. Ocado will be charging us 5p per bag, but refunding us the 5p each time we hand one back.

grahamt1980

Aldi ‘bringing home the bacon’ one.
    Gone for the niche effect

steveoath
    Free Member

Be better i reckon, if they gave you 5p off per bag you reused. Although I have noticed we have dramatically cut the number of bags we bring home. So the current policy is working (At least in our house).

ebygomm
    Free Member

matt_outandabout

As worn by the OAB household on Dunblane Tesco M&S Food trips.

GrahamS

home delivery does not make you exempt for bag charges

Did you read the bit that said: “Most supermarkets are offering a “bagless” delivery service..” ?

ASDA give us a bagless option. Stuff arrives in crates as normal which you take in, unpack and give back to the driver.

Cougar

As worn by the OAB household

Woah, that’s nearly identical to my climbing bag (I think mine’s a “hot ice” or some such piffle). Never really stopped to consider it ‘vintage’ but it must be 20 years old onw.

crankboy
    Free Member

Euro hike rucksack been going strong for 20 years . I don’t look like a student.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

I take the front ones too if its a big shop.

matt_outandabout

@cougar

Mine is 1994 vintage, having been a custom made warranty job for previous three Karrimor bags. I just caught the crap years… But this one is double sewn and soooo comfy. And purple. 8)

Solo
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

Mrs dd uses this one

With picture skillz such as those, it’s, it’s, almost as if Jamie heself is here.

He’d be proud of you!
    😉

I’ve a couple of those fold-flat bags they use to have at the check outs a few hundred years ago. Cost 50p at the time, IIRC. Somehow they’ve survived all these years and so are now back in active service.

Similar to this:

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

With picture skillz such as those, it’s, it’s, almost as if Jamie heself is here

Nope. That is an actual bag. You can buy it too if you want.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

This is a wind-up or I’m a sailor.

joshvegas
    Free Member

one of these…

Not what I actually use buy my alpkut gourdon is often left open on my walk home capacity… needs some structural engineering works utilising sticks of celerey and tortillas to maintain rigidity.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Man (shopping) bags…’ is closed to new replies.