Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Man made trails near to Brecfa.
  • pricey_T

A group of us had planned to go and do the Gorlech trail at Brechfa in the near future but it appears closed for tree harvesting until further notice. With the unknown skill level / fitness of the group i am reluctant to do the black graded Raven – i remember reading about another man made trail near by. It was featured in the MBUK (ahem!) trail master series by Russell Burton – they had gone to ride the Brecfa trails but found them closed on the day and rode this one instead. I remember the photos as they had snow in them. The trail received great praise despite it's single climb / decent nature and relatively short length. I have been through my library of back issues of bike mags (pile next to bog) and do not seem to have the issue any more.
    The trail is low key with little more than a lay-by and a gap in the hedge to mark the trail head.
    If anyone can shed any light on this it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

ART

That'll be Cwm Rhaeadr see for location etc – http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/Recreation.nsf/LUWebDocsByKey/WalesCarmarthenshireNoForestCwmRhaeadr

It's a nice spot and worth it if you are passing by, but it really is one up and one down, took about 25mins to ride IIRC. If I were you I would take your group to Brechfa and mix up the green and blue trails which really are excellent (e.g. the black and blue do have shared sections). There's plenty there to keep your group entertained given mixed/ unknown skill levels. 🙂

phildowling
    Free Member

Cwm Rhaeadr is an awesome little trail but to short to be ridden on its own really. I'd 2nd the blue & green at brechfa really good fun 🙂

BTW the black isn't to bad we rode it when completely knackered on transwales, saddle heights at full and XC mode.Still not a beginner trail but not as bad as you may think

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Man made trails near to Brecfa.’ is closed to new replies.