Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Man flu or proper flu
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Can’t get myself back to work, and I’m self employed so I’m loosing money.
    Anyway how do you know if you have flu or are just a bit ill? and is working in an unheated freezing building likely to make things worst.
    I feel a right ponce.

Got headache, stiff joints, feel weak, high temp, skin feels sunburnt, cough and what I think are my kidneys are aching, is that the real deal?

uplink
    Free Member

you’re typing – it’s manflu

epicyclo

You only get one body. Look after it.

Hohum
    Free Member

Full blown flu will put you to your bed or in hospital.

However you still have to look after yourself and allow your body time to recover.

soobalias
    Free Member

you are playing on the internerd, you have a slight cold. MTFU. soon as you are no longer contagious, get on with it.

Helios
    Free Member

Having had proper flu I agree with what is written up there ^

I couldn’t stand up for 2 weeks… Sounds like you’ve got a nasty cold… Have a rest and watch some crap TV…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Have you got a temperature, is the cold/flu on your chest? If so go to your GP and they may give you anti biotics.

Theres been a nasty infection going round our work, and I know of at least 15 people who have been given antibiotics for it by GPs which is almost un heard of these days.

oldgit
    Free Member

Going in to do the essential stuff.
    FunkyDunc yes it’s on my chest, yes high temp and just getting in car this morning I got soaked in sweat and had to go back in to shower and change. My missus is driving me in shortly.
    So much for my 500Km between Christmas and going back to work.

anc
    Free Member

Sounds like a chest infection after a cold. Go easy on the training once you’ve recovered 😉 slowly does it. I’ve always found if you start putting the miles in too early your weakened chest and immune system leaves you much more susceptible to picking further bugs up.

Drac

When you say it’s on your chest how are coming to this conclusion?

Woody
    Free Member

Sounds like proper flu to me. Even if it is ‘just an infection’, take it easy!

Edit: Check symptoms HERE

lowey

I have the unfortunate experience of having influenza twice. Both times I was confined to bed for 5 days, almost unable to move. It then took a further 3-4 days before I got back to some sort of semblance of normality. I kid you not.

You are literally drained beyond belief. Its horrible.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I have the unfortunate experience of having influenza twice. Both times I was confined to bed for 5 days, almost unable to move. It then took a further 3-4 days before I got back to some sort of semblance of normality. I kid you not.

You are literally drained beyond belief. Its horrible.

Snap. Anything less isn’t real influenza, just a poor imitation.

The best way I heard it put (On here as it happens) was that if you have ‘flu’ you’ll struggle to pick a £20 note off the floor, but if you have real flu, you won’t even care that it’s there.

Drac

I’ve had it twice first time was about 12 years ago and I was in bed for a week with only recalling the Mrs feeding me Paracetamol very 4 hours before falling back to sleep. The second week I forced myself out of bed and the third was able to get out a bit but took months to fully recover.

Last time was just before Xmas spent a day in bed and forced myself out the second day where I spent in front of the fire all day and the third, it was an effort to get some coal and couldn’t eat for 4 day without spewing if I exerted myself, by exertion I mean fetching coal or getting a drink from the kitchen. I’m still recovering and have a lot less energy than normal night shifts at the weekend was a huge struggle.

Hohum
    Free Member

You can see why proper flu can kill people can’t you?

I remember getting it once and the cough lingered for ages afterwards, even getting in the car and putting the air conditioning on was enough to break me out in a coughing fit, not nice.

Woody
    Free Member

Drac – out of interest did you get the ‘flu jab? I haven’t yet btw but after the weekend am seriously thinking about it, if it’s not too late already!

jimcollins67
    Free Member

The better half has been ill for about 5 days now, GP surgery just opened today after holidays so managed to get an emergency appointment, outcome, swine flu!!!!

bigyim
    Free Member

I just got back from the doctors and now have a chest infection and tonsilitus. great.

oldgit
    Free Member

When you say it’s on your chest how are coming to this conclusion?

I guessed? Because I’m coughing a lot, unproductive but it’s in fits and it ends up with me wreching.
    I’ve always wondered what flu actually was. I always get a seasonal illness like this, guaranteed, but this has been the worst to date. Makes you wonder then if the surgeries are just clogged up with people that are ‘just ill’ like me.

soobalias
    Free Member

word on the street is that you can still get the flu jab.

from sainsburys you get points too – bonus

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Man flu or proper flu’ is closed to new replies.