• This topic has 37 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Taff.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Man Flu anyone?
  • Blower
    Free Member

had it since Boxing day,ruined all my ridng plans cant get shut of it 🙁

anyone else hit by it?

Nobby

Yep, it seems to have been the gift of choice this Xmas 🙁

whippersnapper
    Free Member

yeah, again since boxing day. Bored now

StuE
    Free Member

Have had some sort of bug getting on for 2 weeks,coughs the worst bit

JB
    Free Member

Me too, have tried to keep riding but just felt like an asthmatic pit pony on the hills… 🙁

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

One more here, again from Boxing Day. Feel really awful, can’t get warm, hacking cough, constant sneezing, aches all over so can’t get comfortable. If I was a horse I’d be put down. 🙁

You wait for the snow to melt, and then…

Roll on 2011.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Had real flu the week before Xmas, still tired from it.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yep, came on suddenly in the early hours of boxing day morning. Was going to ride cyb new years day but that’s not happening now.

Blower
    Free Member

yeah tried riding yesterday on Peaty’s crimbo ride,5 mins and i had to sit it out in van and wait for my mate,could’nt breath either,asthma real bad.

jools182
    Free Member

Don’t know what was wrong with me last night. Out in the car suddenly started feeling nauseous, then hot sweats, then freezing cold and dizzy. 20 min drive home feeling like hell. In bed at 9 still freezing cold and dizzy, pains on the right side of my stomach. Slept until 9 this morning 🙁

momo

Yep another sufferer here, had it since Monday morning, went out on the bike Monday afternoon which probably didn’t help, but I hadn’t been out for 6 weeks, so there was no chance I was missing an opportunity to get out. Can’t see me getting out now until I’m recovered though.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Not flu but I’ve got the cough with head pains thing and had a fever Xmas eve – played squash yday and felt awful afterwards so think the bike can wait now

nick1962
    Free Member

+1 since Monday.
    As the thaw set in and the lure of snow free riding beckoned manflu took hold 😥

Blower
    Free Member

STW Boxing day Man Flu club :-).

need to drink plenty to flush it out.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

drinking plenty here but it would be best just to tip water over myself given the amount of sweat I am…..errr……sweating

I can’t believe some of you have tried cycling.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m out of breath going up stairs to pee. Wife has kicked me out to the spare room as the coughing keeps her awake and the sweating apparently is gross.

Blower
    Free Member

I hope that if she got the bug you would kick her out to spare room too 😀

Dickyboy

cycling in sub zero temperatures on boxing day should not be considered a cure for this ailment

Bunnyhop

Doctor on the radio was saying this has been a really bad Christmas period for flu. He urged people to stay away from kissing and shaking hands over the Christmas period.

Only a cold here with tickly cough, but enough to keep me off the bike.

repatriot
    Free Member

+1
    Had the flu/cold thing for nearly 2 weeks, totally spoiled all my plans of riding over Christmas. Its now got on my chest and I am soo bored!
    Hoping to at least get a pootle in on the weekend!

amt27
    Free Member

got something here, feels like the beginning of the mega flu I had a month ago, it’s not turning into full blown flu but is keeping me off the bikes, resting heart rate is 65 compares to 55 normally,

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Got it wednesday, no riding for me now……..grrrr

crispybacon
    Free Member

Another flu victim here. I’ve spent the last two days in bed sweating my cobs off & aching like hell. I really can’t remember feeling this bad before.

Mrs CB has decamped to the spare room so she doesn’t catch this.

andygreener

Started to feel pretty bad on Xmas day after lunch though. The cough is the worst I’ve ever had it seems. The aches especially head, neck, back and chest. So much for the NYE blow the cobwebs out ride to cwmcarn. The missus and kids just seem to laugh at the pain. I think I have kept the local tesco pharmacy in business. Lost count of the painkillers I’ve taken in the last few days. Roll on 2011! Keep well all if you can. The kegs of bath ales gem and barnstormer will have to wait.

shredder
    Free Member

Yes joined the club on Christmas Eve.

Hot n cold sweat’s never new it was possible to sweat so much 😯
    Bad cough
    Dizzy
    Sick as a pig

Feel a tiny bit better today but it’s not been the Christamas hol I was hoping for.

Hornet600
    Free Member

Another one here! Since the week before xmas, saw my niece boxing day and feel like I’ve gone back a week!! She’s now on antibotics as she’s only 2 years old and ‘have to get on with it’ and drink lots!!
    Really bored now and no riding for nearly 3 weeks has put an end to the training I had been doing………..so hard to get, so easy to lose!

GJP
    Free Member

I have been suffering since Xmas Eve and I am just starting to feel a little better today.

So that’s about 5 days just laid out on the sofa after spending 10-12 hours in bed. Still tired/weak and being an asthmatic my lungs are now shot to sh!t for another few weeks.

Worse Xmas break ever for me 😡

Ticklinjock

Day 10 – the sweats and the shivers subsided. Wheezy chest and a cough left. No riding for a wee while yet.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

anyone mended yet? I’m worse today.

What are new years eve plans for the manflu club then? Looks like it’ll be a party cocktail of lemsip, benedryl and nurofen for me. Or maybe i could get in the spirit of things and have a hot toddy or four. Woo and indeed hoo.

Blower
    Free Member

Shite..

im over the worst now,by the sounds not as bad as some on here,,

Time to play catch up on my biking 🙂

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I feel a lot better now – worst days for me were Xmas Eve and Xmas Day – still coughing now but the pain has gone – sounds like many on here have had it worse – a friend of mine has just been confirmed with swine flu and they’ve been in bed for over a week apart from sickness and diarrhoea trips

i’ve got it! but im slowly getting over it. Worryingly as a new development I seem to have blocked ears that keep ‘popping’ and I am obviously being pumped with green slime by some mischievous elf whilst I am asleep!

chakaping
    Free Member

Started feeling funny an hour or so ago: dizzy and achey.

Good job our NYE dinner guests cancelled because of illness at about the same time.

And I was just about to plan a New Year’s Day ride, better hold off now.

🙁

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Keep warm and plenty of fluids.

NigE5
    Free Member

How long before this poxy illness goes?

crispybacon
    Free Member

I finally made it downstairs today after 2 days in bed sweating my cobs off & aching like I’d been run over by a steam roller. Just when I thought I was over things today I then had a touch of the currant buns 😕

I’m still coughing up lumps of crap from my lungs & I’m a non-smoker.

Taff
    Free Member

Had it since Xmas eve and still not great, mrs has got it now but it’s not as bad as mine obviously. Got out today but only to car wash-was completely knackered out after. Hopes of getting out on the bike a lot the Xmas have been totally scuppered.

Hope those still suffering get better soon

Taff
    Free Member

Any of you guys suffering over the xmas period managed to get out on the bike yet? Still reasonably knackered after running up a set of stairs and went shopping with the mrs earlier and feel ready for bed now. Want to get out on the bike tomorrow of only to do 5 miles or so, going mental here, just want to get out before my two week break is over

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Man Flu anyone?’ is closed to new replies.