Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Man flu!
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Evening all,

Been suffering with what started out like an extremely bad cold a month ago. It’s still on my chest and I’ve not been able to ride properly for a month now.

Managed about 10 miles last Tuesday and had to go home as I couldn’t breath properly..

Had to cancel on tonight’s ride as just walking up stairs has me coughing like someone on 50 fags a day.

Would go to the GP but they’re just going to tell me to drink plenty of water and take paracetamol…

How long can it go on for?

wicki
    Free Member

Man the fig up and get down the quacks.

carlos
    Free Member

+1 get to the Docs.

Mrs Carlos finally went after some pressure of me as I was loosing sleep and getting quite grumpy at being woken several times a night, she was given a short term inhaler and some antibiotics. All sorted after a week or 9. Days.

Didn’t the NHS run a campaign about if you have a cold/cough for more than 3 or 4 weeks??

bonesetter
    Free Member

Don’t bother with the GP

There’s loads of this around. The one that makes your eyeballs ache

Takes ages to go

Unless you’re ‘at risk ‘ chest wise, carry on

I do recommend vit D3 though as that is critical to good immune response and we are getting no sunshine

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Had to cancel on tonight’s ride as just walking up stairs has me coughing like someone on 50 fags a day.

Pfft! I bet you have no idea what it feels like to smoke 50 tabs a day.
    #Lightweight

Drac

Coughing and breathless walking up the stairs?

See your GP.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Those were the symptoms I was getting too – couldn’t breathe properly doing the most menial stuff – not nice

But, If you’re otherwise fir and healthy…

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Seems there’s a lot of it about this winter, don’t worry, it’ll go in another two or three weeks.

noltae
    Free Member

What’s the doc going to do besides share your medical records? . Start looking into the possibility of malnutrition ..

Drac

What’s the doc going to do besides share your medical records? . Start looking into the possibility of malnutrition ..

Check for chest infection, possible ecg and take a full history to see it any further investigations are needed. Not even likely to consider malnutrition.

slackalice
    Free Member

Or, as I’ve just suggested on a similar thread, get some piss sticks and measure your ph. Chances are you’re below 7, so get yourself above 7 and give your body all the help it needs to heal itself. Bicarbonate of soda will be your friend.

Plenty of books and documented case studies on its many positive affects for the qed fans too.

Or, carry on and pass the responsibility for your own health to a doctor…

Drac

So you think visiting GP to rule out a serious health condition is not taking responsibility, instead you’ll rather take some bicarb because you read it in a book.

andybrad

feeling the same, had a cough for nearly 2 years now 🙁 up at night several times. Mrs has moved next door and i cant sooth the baby as im coughing while trying to sooth her.
    worst is im wheesing like a 40 a day.

went to docs,

got told i have a cough.

got seriously worse as the temp has dropped now.
    🙁

nickc

Had the same in Early October, started as bad cold, moved to my chest, I think it took about 6 weeks to shed it totally. Worst one I’ve had in ages.

although agree with Drac; with those symptoms I’d be booking an appt JIC

footflaps

So you think visiting GP to rule out a serious health condition is not taking responsibility, instead you’ll rather take some bicarb because you read it in a book.

🙂

He surely can’t be serious…

chilled76
    Free Member

Bit the bullet and have made a docs appointment.. no doubt I’ll be told I’ve got a caugh and to drink water.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I had a terrible chest infection recently, after about a month I went to the docs as I was smashing my inhalers a crazy amount.

Being asthmatic helped in that respect, got given some great drugs that cleared it up literally in a couple of days 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Any tips to help ease a tickly cough? Murder last night….

andybrad

slackalice – Member
    Or, as I’ve just suggested on a similar thread, get some piss sticks and measure your ph. Chances are you’re below 7, so get yourself above 7 and give your body all the help it needs to heal itself. Bicarbonate of soda will be your friend.

Plenty of books and documented case studies on its many positive affects for the qed fans too.

wow, if only doctors knew about this. I wonder if they are deliberately hiding it from us for their monetary gain….

or perhaps they use “medicine”

nickc

give your body all the help it needs to heal itself.

there’s truth in that.

Or, carry on and pass the responsibility for your own health to a doctor..

there’s some truth in this.

there’s a balance to be struck between seeing a doctor when you need to, and looking after yourself

slackalice
    Free Member

Ha ha ha!

Flame away and carry on with your colds people! 😀

Unless of course you’ve tried the bicarb? Oh no, of course you haven’t, much easier to join the mob and ridicule. Stick with the pharma’s boys, much less scary to rely on manufactured chemical compounds 😀

They don’t want you to get better you know…. Doesn’t help the dividends 😉

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Get this concoction down you.

2 lemons – squeeze one half, slice the rest up and put in a pan or pot

1 clove of gralic – finely chopped.

a good chunk of root ginger grated

add spring water and some sugar.

Bring to the boil and simmer for about 20 mins.

Pour into a big mug, add a desert spoon of honey, and a slug of whisky.

take a couple of high strength tablets with it, repeat three times a day.

taxi25
    Free Member

Everyone in the taxi household has had proper flu. I was of the bike for 3wks had a ride back of for another 2. Just feeling better now 😀 Mrs taxi coughed so hard she detached a rib from her Sternum 8O.

chilled76
    Free Member

Went docs at 5pm.. standard response. You’ve had a virus or maybe a few in succession. Drink water.

Thanks doc, doesn’t change the fact I’ve gone from being able to ride and lift weights and run to barely walk up a flight of stairs for over a month but hey ho.

Drac

Thanks doc, doesn’t change the fact I’ve gone from being able to ride and lift weights and run to barely walk up a flight of stairs for over a month but hey ho.

Have you tried bicarb?

chilled76
    Free Member

Only for making cakes or cleaning the oven.

slackalice
    Free Member

Well, there’s your problem.

Drac – droll, very droll.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Man flu!’ is closed to new replies.