Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mallorca Advice for Cycling
  • Joe

Hello all,

Does anyone have any tips. Thinking about going on a few days sunny mile builder this week. Probably just Monday through Friday.

Considering taking the road bike for simplicity, but it seems there are lots of opportunities on the mountain bike also. I’ll be alone if it makes a difference.

Where to stay? Where to ride? What to eat?

Regards
    Joe

jonba
    Free Member

FOr rides it depends on where you stay. My suggestion would be to google it and look on Strava. You want to be heading to Lluc, Soller, Formentor, Deja, Sa Colabra (basically the mountains on the west side) for the clasic stuff.

Plenty of people stay in Alcudia, Port de Pollenca and Pollenca. Good for access to the mountains and the beach. Reasonable towns and plenty of choice for accommodation.

Eat Local, look in restaurants and cafes. Local food is very good in the right places.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Just back from 2 weeks road training camp had a great time Port Pollenca. I was in Hotel Duva but there is loads. I go with legros road training, basically guided rides http://www.legrostrainingcamp.com/ You pick the group you want to go with easy, medium or hard. They got a May camp too. Well recommneded.

Zero mountain biking.

Eat in villages, routes garmin loads of them. All these Lluc, Soller, Formentor, Deja, Sa Colabra (you will enjoy this one ha ha think major climb and switchbacks). Go early via Easyjet, put bike together and head to the north light house for easy afternoon ride. Cafe at light house 😉

dalesjoe
    Free Member

We went to port de soller twice. Lovely place with great road and mtb routes. Check out tramantana tours (Google them). I used them both times for bike hire, very reasonable prices but also very well maintained. Andy who runs it will give you plenty of route advice. Or they also do guided rides if you prefer. Last time he also said he had an apartment that they rented out. Might be worth asking.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

+1 for the last post.

And there’s a pdf book of mountain bike routes to download here

The Best MTB Trails Mallorca

chrischim
    Free Member

As above, last summer I hired a bike from tramantana tours (pick up from port soller not soller) and did a load of routes from the book linked above. Most of the red/black routes are pretty good (especially if you like long steep climbs!). If I went again I would base myself in the north west as that’s where most of the good mountain biking is.
    If you buy the ebook they also send you gpx files of all the routes.

julians
    Free Member

Last year a small group of us (4) mountain biked from Andratx in the south west to pollenca in the north west through the tramuntana mountain range over a 3 day period with hotel stops in banyalbufar and port soller. It was a really good trip, well organised, well guided etc. Hard work though, each day consisted of approx 5000 feet of climbing over ~30 miles.

Tony at http://www.tramuntbike.com sorted it all out. He also does day trips, uplifts etc etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mallorca Advice for Cycling’ is closed to new replies.