Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Malcesine round trip routes
  • ceepers

Hi all

Hopefully have a morning free to rent a bike in malcisine next week. Anyone have a 3 hour route they can recommend? Ideally not involving the cable car?

Can’t download a gpx here but most of the bike routes are numbered right?

Will try and rent a full sus so medium gnar climbing and descending is fine.

Thanks in advance!!

CP

RoterStern
    Free Member

TBH if you only have a morning I would recommend taking the cable car up to Monte Baldo as that is where the best riding is. If you do ride up the mountain side is very steep (in fact there is a famous Giro climb to Prada that is supposed to be the steepest in Italy and every corner is sign posted for cyclists). Also if you are not used to riding in the heat (I was at the lake last week and it was 39 deg) it can take a lot out of you. Lastly bare in mind that the top of the mountain is much cooler than down below. I rode up there last year and it was 35 degrees in the valley and about 18 degrees at the top.
    Edit: Just realized you are already there so know about the heat. 😳

ceepers

Thanks, was just trying to keep the cost down.

Staying down near bardolino and rode yesterday in the heat . 15 miles and 3000 ft climbing on a basic hardtail. Some amazing views and good descending although the cheap fork and tyres made it “interesting” at times!!

richardkennerley

If you go here http://www.gardabikeshop.com/en/ in riva, they do some half day (approx 3 hrs) guided rides. But I appreciate you have to get from Malcescine to Riva in the first place!

Very jealous, live it there. Have a Hugo.

shooterman

Cafe Extreme (ironically) beside the cable car station are very helpful with maps / routes etc.

julzm
    Free Member

If you can get to Torbole (about half hour ride along the lake from Malcesine) you could pick up Lucas bike shuttle, 20euro I think but sometimes does closer/cheaper routes. Alternative might be to contact adrenaline rehab who are based in Malcesine for part of the year and see if they have space although I don’t know how much they charge.

RoterStern
    Free Member

If you are staying in Bardolino why do you want to go to Malcesine? There is loads of riding around Bardolino, lots of it sign posted, too. Apparently there is a bus that takes bikes up to Prada where you can then ride up onto Monte Baldo but I usuakky ride up there from Bardolino. There is a nice quiet road climb starting in Caprino Veronese which takes you up to Lumini and from there you can either ride on and up to Prada or turn left and there is a nice trail that starts in the forest where the high ropes center is situated. But some of the most technical trails I’ve found in the area are around the mountain between Garda and Torri del Benaco.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Malcesine round trip routes’ is closed to new replies.