• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by pdw.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Malcesine (Lake Garda) or Sölden in Austria – Routes or GPX?
  • slowboydickie

Hi Folks,

Heading to Malcesine on Lake Garda tomorrow for a week then on to Sölden in Austria for another week. Does any one have any experience of riding there and could make any route suggestions or other advice?

I spoke to the local bike shop (Xtreme) in Malcesine and they do half days of guiding but it is a bit pricey for a sole bod.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Rich

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

A friend of mine guides groups down that way all Summer. Based in Torbole, you can contact him via this page.
    Michael “Cycle”.

Loads of great riding around there. Love the area.

peteandsoo
    Free Member

try garda Bikes in Riva. They do uplifts and guided tours, their Donkey Trail trip on Monte Baldo is brilliant.

slowboydickie

Thanks Fellas, I’ve sent a message to your mate Ecky Thump.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member
    pdw
    Free Member

Some awesome riding to be had from Malcesine itself. You can take the cable car up, but you need to book (early on the same day usually works) as there’s only a few rides that take bikes.

There’s various options at the top, and then there’s a great path that drops you down into Navenne – if you can find it. This was my favourite loop, after a few days exploring last time I was there:

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?lnk=http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pdw/cycle-routes/gpx//20110818-baldo-navenne-mk2.gpx

Alternatively, there’s various routes that’ll drop you down into Torbole, but you’ve then got to get back from there, and I avoid the lake side road at all costs: busy, Italian drivers, and lots of tunnels. South of Navenne there’s a cycle path.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Malcesine (Lake Garda) or Sölden in Austria – Routes or GPX?’ is closed to new replies.