Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Making your own bar plug mirror…
  • daleftw
    Free Member

I’m after one for drop bars and haven’t really come across anything.

Saw this – http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cycleaware-Roadie-Road-Bike-Cycle-Bicycle-Handlebar-Bar-End-Mirror-Black-/281038706975?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item416f36591f

But it’s a bit expensive for what it is. Anyone had a crack at making their own?

Going to hit the shed tomorrow.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I’ll be interested in how this goes as I’m after the same. I seem to recall that we used to sell some very neat ones in the bike shop, but that was about 20 years ago! The ones I’ve seen have been bar plug ones and an adjustable mirror but I’d like one that’s not much bigger than the bar end itself. I’ll pull up a chair… 🙂

dustypumpkins

Have you considered helmet mounted mirrors? When I was looking into mirrors for touring I finally went for a helmet mounted one. It has the bonus of being able to scan as much area behind you as your neck can move 😀 Handy if you are an owl.

crftom
    Free Member

Why????

gonetothehills
    Free Member

crftom – Member
    Why????

Just a bit more notice as to what’s going on behind me on the busier parts of my commute. Oh – and I’ve turned into my dad*.

* which isn’t so bad… 🙂

downshep

Why?

Err….Mirrors are great for seeing what’s coming up behind without actually turning your head and shoulders ever time a vehicle is heard closing in from the rear. A quick mirror check reassures that the vehicle is positioned to pass rather than run straight into the rear of the bike. Hate riding on the road without a mirror now.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Why….not buy the proper article for £15?

crftom
    Free Member

Turning round and making eye contact with the driver behind is a very important part of riding on the road fact

daleftw
    Free Member

I probably will when I **** it up, but 15 benk for a mirror and a bit plastic?

irc

Turning round and making eye contact with the driver behind is a very important part of riding on the road fact

True, but only when maneuvering, changing lane, etc. The rest of the time I prefer not to have to turn round for every passing vehicle to make sure it is overtaking safely. A mirror means I don’t have to.

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Hi

Dealexteme (DX) do fantasticly cheap lights – including Magishine – and a whole range of other interesting things….

Check out –
    http://dx.com/p/360-degree-swivel-universal-bicycle-rearview-mirror-w-mount-154614

for £2.86 – postage paid this bike mirror is a steal – although it may take a few weeks to arrive…

Kryton57

Anyone else have to read the title twice?

BrickMan

Its the beginning of the end for stw, next week it’ll be “how to fit panniers and full length mudguards to an ibis mojo for under £10”

cynic-al
    Free Member

.£15 for a mirror at the right angle that fits securely in your bars.

It may not be as easy as you think op, happy to be proved wrong!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Making your own bar plug mirror…’ is closed to new replies.