Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Making phone calls while cycling
  • webwonkmtber
    Free Member

I’m doing about an hour’s commute by car each day at the moment and I’m finding it really useful time for catching up on phone calls – don’t worry it’s all hands free.

I’ll soon be reverting to the bike and I’m wondering if anyone has found a headset or headphone/mic combo that works really well and which could be used on the bike while commuting? It’s not going to be a super busy/strenuous commute. I’m just thinking wind noise will be hard to overcome?

wwaswas

I use Siri on the iPhone. It’s terrible but it does call peeps when you ask.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Did I see somewhere that using a phone (even hands free) while driving affected reaction times worse than drink driving. What a shame if a cyclist using a mobile phone was knocked off and killed by a motorist using a mobile phone. 😯

aracer
    Free Member

I’m doing about an hour’s commute by car each day at the moment and I’m finding it really useful time for catching up on phone calls – don’t worry it’s all hands free.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/7540185/Hands-free-phones-pose-similar-risk-to-drink-driving.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phones_and_driving_safety#Handsfree_device

kcr
    Free Member

don’t worry it’s all hands free

From RoSPA:

A substantial body of research shows that using a hand-held or hands-free mobile phone while driving is a significant distraction, and substantially increases the risk of the driver crashing.

http://www.rospa.com/roadsafety/adviceandinformation/driving/mobilephoneswhiledriving/factsheet.aspx

webwonkmtber
    Free Member

Ouch! That’s me told then. Will read the links and perhaps rethink the plan!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I see cyclists on the phone on my commute through London. I don’t rate their survival odds. Most are leisure cyclists not Lycra clad. Most of these are stoopid enough to hold their handset and wobble. Muppets. As bad as car drivers on the phone, especially in London.

There’s a few I see with headphones in, either music or calls, not sure. Less lethal than the above but seriously only very slightly.

It’s tempting to say, evolution of the species will sort this out.

Ride home. No phone.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I drink cycle regularly and I’m still alive. I reckon you’ll be fine with a hands free. Don’t listen to the fannys on here.

Pogo
    Free Member

I drink cycle regularly and I’m still alive. I reckon you’ll be fine with a hands free. Don’t listen to the fannys on here.

I HAve A cRaCK pIPe oN mY HAndleBarS anD Im Okay, JuST DO whatYUo wanTS, you’LL bEE Fin 😯

marcusmtb
    Free Member

I think this is one (of the many things) thing that is wrong with society nowadays, apparently don’t even have time to stop and talk anymore.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Making phone calls while cycling’ is closed to new replies.