Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Making my Nomad C a bit more XC
  • willber
    Free Member

I only have one bike – Nomad c,36 Talas with CCDB Coil. Im running a Scwhalbe Hans Dampf up front and a Kenda Nevegal at the rear – both tubeless – i think front and rear are both 2.5″

I am currently training for a welsh coast to coast ride in thats 180 miles over 4 days. The nomad, in its current guise, isn’t best suited.

What could I do to it to make it a bit more XC -> It came with an RP23 Kashima rear shock on it, but due to my riding weigh (15 stone) I could never get it to feel right, and hence the change to a coil. But now that I’m doing 30 to 50 mile rides the coil is overkill and overly heavy. The lads I ride with are quickly opening up gaps on me on climbs and long flats – due largely to their 120 – 140 travel bikes and 29ers.

Any ideas?

tomhoward

Lighter wheels and tyres ( or just tyres if budget is an issue) will make a much bigger difference than the shock. Especially I’d you don’t like the way it rides.

br
    Free Member

Buy a s/h XC bike for the event, sell afterwards?

willber
    Free Member

The wheels are crank brothers iodine 3s so pretty light anyway – any light weight good xc tyres that u reccomend? I have considered buying a s/h xc bike but don’t have a clue about xc bikes and where to start – I’ve been thinking about some kind of 29er too

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Is there anything that can be done with the rp23? I’m pretty sure tf tuned would be able to do a push tune to your weight/riding style to suit.

wrecker
    Free Member

Send the rp23 to loco.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Making my Nomad C a bit more XC’ is closed to new replies.