Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Making my frame RAW – Any tips
  • neiloxford
    Free Member

As per title really. Got a second hand frame that is now nearly raw, but still got bits of paint remaining around the tricky parts of the frame.

watsontony
    Free Member

make sure you lacquer it. even if its ally

neiloxford
    Free Member

Does it have to have lacquer? What will happen if I leave as it is?

How do I get rid of the last bits of paint?

dirtyderek
    Free Member

Presume you have used paint stripper to get this far so either put some more on and let it do its job or we normally plastic ead blast frames for the raw look as the plasic bead does not effect the ally or bb threads. Wouldnt bother lacquering it as it never sticks to base ally very well unless is keyed up by scuffing the ally with scotchbrite pad.

But you do need to keep the air away from the ally as it will quickly oxidise and pick up road salts so a oily rag over it regularly or we tend to use car wax .

Or you could have it clear powder coated but thats a bit of a lottery so you need to have one recomended to you to avoid a mess.

nigelb001
    Free Member

Don’t bother with lacquer on alloy just buff it up now and them with Autosol a few times a year. Works for me. Oxidisation isn’t so bad on some allys, my Mongoose Amplifier is 6061 which is less prone to corrosion.

Kevevs
    Free Member

nitromors. Selection of wire brushes.

takisawa2

I have a polishing kit that makes light work if it, has three graded fibre wheels, soap & some special lime powder to keep up the Shine. Drop me an email if intrested.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Making my frame RAW – Any tips’ is closed to new replies.