Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Making a claim off Royal Mail using proof of posting
  • NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

An item i have sent appears to have gone missing. I have proof of posting, but it is not a actual 'certificate of posting', more a reciept for the cost, and the clerk at the post office wrote the house number and postcode onto the reciept by hand.

Now is this sufficient eveidence to make a claim for the cost back?

Also, i cant prove as such how much the item is worth, so would a paypal reciept be enough?

Ta

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Yes regarding the receipt. Have you got the right form? If in doubt, ask for help at the PO.

clubber
    Free Member

You should get two bits of paper when you post – receipt for the payment and a 'proof of posting' on which they usually write the postcode.

Just go to the post office, they'll give you a form to fill in and Bob's your uncle.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Yes to both questions

Worked for me when some Shifters I sold and sent went missing

Took a while, but all ok in the end, be aware that the max you can claim for is 39 quid

Cheers

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

They do both a handwritten and stamped Certificate of Posting, and a printed receipt. Either counts as long as it has the right details.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Sounds like i should be ok then.

Does anyone know if this is the form i need to use? (save me going to the PO)

ftp://ftp.royalmail.com/Downloads/public/ctf/rm/Inland_P58_form_English.pdf

joe1983
    Free Member

Not sure about whether you receipt is valid or not but I had some cranks go missing that I had sent recorded delivery. I had the receipt, tracking number, proof of value etc etc and reported it all to the PO. I got a letter back saying they would have a look for them but if they couldn't find them I wouldn't hear from them again – i.e. no compensation.

Luckily they were found.

clubber
    Free Member

I got a letter back saying they would have a look for them but if they couldn't find them I wouldn't hear from them again

They's rubbish. They have to compensate you if they'd lost it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Making a claim off Royal Mail using proof of posting’ is closed to new replies.