Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Majorcan holiday
  • smartay

Just watched the news tonight showing Palma bombing today, due to fly out on Saturday. Holidays plans now up in the air, possibley.

Anyone else in this situation.

No advice from Foreign office as yet.

Mackem

Trivial little firecracker type things. Dont worry about it, ETA arent interested in you, they phone in warnings and are just trying to be a pain in the arse.

I live in the Basque country btw.

also, if you are taking a bike, a road bike is better.

corroded
    Free Member

Personally, not something I'd worry about, except the airport might be a bit slower. Whereabouts are you going?

smartay

Very little news about the situation on the national news.

My wife is adiment we,re not going and I,m worried about the kids.

Going to travel agents tomorow and see if they can divert/ send us somewhere else.
    Insurers cant help unless we are stuck out there or in trouble.

At the end of the day the holiday is to recharge our batteries not drain them with further stress

we're gong next week, & we are going. Go as much chance of being blown up over here so what the hell.
    Why let 'em win. 😮
    As said, air port will be a bit slow but it's a big air port.

Besides, we need a bit of sunshine after this summer!

mogrim

Tell her to stop being so wet, Johnny Foreigner is beginning to think the English* are a big bunch of fairies.

* English – yes, that includes the scotch. And Welsh.

john_drummer
    Free Member

**** it man, go. Security will be tighter than a gnat's a*se on the island now, nothing will happen*
    Northern Spain occasionally has these hiccups, business goes on pretty much as usual

Two of my four holidays in the last 10 years have been disrupted while I was out on holiday, due to terrorists. 9/11 was one, the "liquid bombs" was the other. In both cases I was nowhere near the scene of the crime (honest ossifer) but it still disrupted my homeward travel plans

* but don't blame me if it does – this is Spain after all

Mackem

If you are a memeber if the Guardia civil, sitting in a guardia civil car, sitting outside the guardia civil building then you'd be at risk, otherwise, go, you'll be fine.

mAx_hEadSet

Bottles of Whisky going on holiday what ever next…

I'd be suspecting the terrorists would be using either ferries or private boats to get to the Balearics, the Basques are seafarers after all. They are bombing all the time however targets like the 10:15- Madrid to Valladolid train just does not seem to catch the attention of the UK or global media as much as a bomb in a bin in Majorca

mogrim

They are bombing all the time

Not really, they'd been (apparently) down for the count for quite a while before the current attacks.

You're right that most of their attacks don't make the UK press, though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Majorcan holiday’ is closed to new replies.